Transp.background for custom buttons

Discuss problems and solutions.
Suloo
Transp.background for custom buttons

Post by Suloo » 12 Apr 2015 18:14

Hey there,

is there a way to make the black background of the custom buttons transparent, or in a different color?
I would really like to stack custom buttons onto my canvas objects to use the icons. Also the button should let go my touch trough to the canvas.

Would be great to get some help!

cheers

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Transp.background for custom buttons

Post by ndivuyo » 12 Apr 2015 19:23

no you can't, as far as I know, you can just make them a black rectangle. you can draw symbols, I think you can use a third party program or website and get coordinate points for a shape and then draw it in canvas... but I'll agree that that can be too much trouble (maybe that's just because I haven't done it). I know some people around here have done it, look around if you are interested. If you really wanted to use them, then you'll have to stroke shapes instead of fill them or something, depending on what your canvas is doing.

"Also the button should let go my touch trough to the canvas."
Not sure what you mean here. You mean your touch go through canvas to button (which is achieved by setting canvas to 'No touch') or you want your touch to go through the button to the canvas (which can't be achieved like that, but you don't need to: just use the variable change in the button and apply it to the canvas)

Suloo

Post by Suloo » 12 Apr 2015 19:37

thx for the reply!

Hm, that kinda sucks, creating all that shapes..well.
Yea, i ment placing the button ontop of the canvas, make the background transparent so just the icon gets displayed but the button itself would have no effect apartz from displaying the icon. So when i hit the button it lets my touch go through to the canvas, wich triggers my onTouch message.

well, i see how far i get.

cheers

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 12 Apr 2015 20:45

You could try the other way around. Put the custom buttons behind the canvas and keep the canvas clear on the spots where the icons are located.

It's a bit more work drawing in but then you have the icons and the touch of the buttons doesn't matter anymore.
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

Suloo

Post by Suloo » 12 Apr 2015 21:23

yes, that could work as well, but then i would still need to figure out the exact shape of the icons, don't think i'm skilled enough for that yet.