using two ipads. Link possible?

Discuss problems and solutions.
alloedee
Regular
using two ipads. Link possible?

Post by alloedee » 14 Dec 2014 15:27

Hello there

I was wondering: Is it possible to control one lemur with another?

Suppose I have a button that can show / hide a container. Can I show / hide a container on another iPad Lemur via wifi?

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: using two ipads. Link possible?

Post by ndivuyo » 15 Dec 2014 20:52

You could have the source you are sending info to (MIDI or OSC) send info back to both/or just one ipad running lemur, and accomplish your goal that way. So yea, definitely possible (I guess depending on the program and exactly what you would want to do).
I have not tried sending info directly from lemur from one ipad to the other, is it possible? I'm not sure, I'm inclined to say no but maybe you can make an OSC/MIDI target with another ipad, I've just never tried it that way. Hopefully someone will have a more confident answer for you.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 15 Dec 2014 21:14

no confident answer from me as well, but this is something I had in mind for some time. In theory it shouldn't be a problem. Will have a go at it next year or late December.

To find the answer ... simply try it out!
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 16 Dec 2014 10:55

Yes
Absolutely possible, and as phil said just try it out . . .

Here's a quick rundown .
MIDI - setup Midi targets with lemur running on both apps is easy
The other iDevice should simply show up in your selection choices
assign as needed, or maybe set one target up permanently as such..

OSC - same deal here it's pretty straight forward, you just need the ip addresses
You do need to set the port to 8000 as Lemur is hard wired to listen on that port
Same thing, maybe setup a target permanently to point to the device

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 16 Dec 2014 17:41

Thanks for sharing that! I'll keep this in mind for the future