totaly down!

Discuss problems and solutions.
Eric
totaly down!

Post by Eric » 24 Sep 2014 09:33

hi liine,

.. damn, i ve just upgraded my ios to 8. Lemur is totally fucked up! impossible to load, create a project in the app I just read your announcement about waiting before upgrading ios. Ok my bad. But because it's too late now, and i need lemur on a daily use, i was wondering when can we expect an upgrade of the lemur app?
E.

Phil999
Regular

Re: totaly down!

Post by Phil999 » 24 Sep 2014 12:17

from my experience it's still possible to send any template via editor and use it in Lemur. Save, load, store is not possible at the moment in iOS8 running Lemur 5.0.3.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Eric

Post by Eric » 24 Sep 2014 14:06

yes fortunately this is still possible. but the power of the app is its ability to modify a template on the fly from the ipad - very intuitive.

You wouldn't leave this app working this way even if it's working from the editor? would you?
I'd love to have a possible date for update release then,

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 24 Sep 2014 16:33

Isnt it possible to rollback anymore? I read something about this being pssible until a certain date.

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 28 Sep 2014 10:22

I fail to understand how this sort of thing happens, particularly with 'premium' apps (I paid the old more expensive price). iOS 8 has been available to developers for months and this is hardly a minor bug. Most of the apps I use had updates for iOS 8 within a couple of days of its release.

Where was the post on this forum warning not to update? A tweet and a Facebook status update is not enough (I rarely use either). Surely this forum is the place for such important information?

How long are we going to wait for an update Liine?

Okay, rant over - still love Lemur!
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 28 Sep 2014 19:31

actually it's always the same. It was the same with the introduction if iOS6, it was the same with the introduction of iOS7, and now it's the same with iOS8.

Never change a well working system. For example, I have a well working iPad with iOS7 that I use for Lemur. If you have one single iPad, always wait a couple of months before you update the OS.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 29 Sep 2014 08:48

Damn! I read somewhere on facebook from a user that iOS8 brought problems to Lemur but forgot to notify in the forums here....

Personally speaking I dont know if I'll install iOS8 at all at my aging iPad2. iOS7 had already some noticeable performance dumping down - not on Lmur - but the general responsiveness of the device with many apps opened. Im reluctant to see it go even worse. I think its time for a new iPad but unfrotunately my current economics dont allow such a purchase. :(

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 01 Oct 2014 15:58

Hi,

Indeed, iOS 8 breaks file system access with Lemur. We have already fixed this bug and submitted an update to the App Store, Lemur 5.1 should be available imminently. It is currently waiting fo review.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds to sending templates to the app.

You can use Lemur Editor to edit templates and send them to the Lemur App. Lemur Editor is part of the Lemur Installer available here:
https://liine.net/en/downloads/lemur

If you want to retrieve projects that you had previously saved on your device, connect your iPad to your computer with the sync cable. Open iTunes, and go to your iPad / Apps section, then scroll down to File Sharing. You will see a list of apps that support file sharing, click on Lemur. Now you should see a list of saved templates on your device. You can drag and drop these to your computer.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

NB