Lemur downgrade to 4.1.2

Discuss problems and solutions.
Macciza
Regular
Re: Lemur downgrade to 4.1.2

Post by Macciza » 12 Apr 2014 23:58

Hi
Did you mean 'not equal to ' ? As in != ? It works ...
|= would be 'or equals' which I have not seen before - it doesn't/shouldn't work ...

Updating of any critical musical apps should be done in a controlled manner
Lemur is fine for live performance - many major acts around the world make use of it ...

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 Apr 2014 10:22

I can just say != is definitely NOT broken.

I can also say, that Im far from being a major act (lol) but Im using Lemur more in "live" situations (all be it, live-playing infused DJ set up) than I do in studio works and I can pretty much say, besides some "timing" issues (with wi-f connection) making it a bit unplayable for drum triggering (super-tight timing needed) Im very satisfied and never had any problems with it for almost 2 years now (maybe more).

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 13 Apr 2014 12:28

blingy wrote:My project no longer functions correctly. It is the Lemur interface for the midibox seq step sequencer. The only thing that has changed is that Lemur was updated automatically by accident somehow. I need to get back to 4.1.2, but since I didn't purposely update Lemur, I do not have a backup. The only thing I could find was this post:
http://support.liine.net/customer/porta ... 4-of-lemur

I have contacted support@liine.com but have not heard anything back. PLEASE HELP!
Have your issues been solved with the 5.0.2 app update and 5.0.3. Editor update?

There has been a slight change in the architecture of the scripting language in Lemur between v4 and v5. There is a longstanding bug that had been exploited by Lemur users to do some unorthodox (but very useful) things. We've had to remove this functionality and replace it with a proper function. This ensures long term stability for Lemur, but the sideeffect is that some pre-v5 templates are now broken.

The exact issue is that dots are no longer permitted after variables. People were using this to refer to objects inside of Containers. Lemur strictly only supports dots after object names. If you want to refer to objets inside a Container, while the Container is reference by a variable, you must use the new findchild() object. See the Lemur 5.0.3 Addendum PDF for more details.

djmsx

Post by djmsx » 30 May 2014 00:13

Hi everybody, after an upgrade from ver 4 to ver 5.0.3, i cannot switch in the traktor template between command, loader, equalizer, hotcues ..... etc, in the decks page ( A/C and B/D )
here is the link to the template made by pjean on the download liine page:
https://liine.net/assets/UserLibrary/te ... or26V2.zip
can anyone take a look and tell me where to change the code or the syntax of the code, maybe this is the issue.
Before the upgrade, everything were totally functional.
Many thanks.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 04 Jun 2014 14:36

Hi
It might have been better to start another topic - took a little bit to re-find this one . . .
Looks like some wiry syntax that is no longer functional . . .
Try this
Traktor 26 v2.1.jzml.zip
(97.77KiB)Downloaded 89 times
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

djmsx

Post by djmsx » 05 Jun 2014 00:46

thank you very much Macciza, all is fine and functional, but can you, please, tell me what are the changes made because i've upgraded the template for my use and it would be nice to know what i have to do to make my own changes.
many thanks :)

Found it by myself comparing the two templates, thanks macciza again, if anyone wants to know, post a message i'll explain how to do that.

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 05 Jun 2014 10:27

djmsx wrote:thank you very much Macciza, all is fine and functional, but can you, please, tell me what are the changes made because i've upgraded the template for my use and it would be nice to know what i have to do to make my own changes.
many thanks :)

Found it by myself comparing the two templates, thanks macciza again, if anyone wants to know, post a message i'll explain how to do that.
I use Beyond Compare to compare the .jzml files directly (I'm sure Windiff or any comparable Mac file comparison tool would also work). If you have a way to compare templates inside the editor, that would be a great timesaver.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 06 Jun 2014 12:31

If you have (or get) Xcode it has FileMerge inside it which is a decent diff/merge util . . .

joebataz
Regular

Post by joebataz » 18 Jun 2014 18:10

Hey guys,

On the Mac I use BBEdit to find differences. As a matter of fact I use BBEdit to do all my search and replace editing of .jzml files. Been using it with great success for over a year.

Just a Mac-centric FYI.

Joe B

joebataz
Regular

Post by joebataz » 18 Jun 2014 18:30

On another note I'm having real issues with this new findchild function. How do I go down more than one level?
For instance I have a page, Faders. On that page I have a tabbed container Fixtures. One of the tabs is called Trips. On the Trips page I have a fader T_Trigger. How do I get to the x value of the T_Trigger fader??
IIRC I could use Faders.Fixtures.Trips.T_Trigger.x. Now I've spent several hours trying to get this findchild function to work. Sure I could put the T_Trigger x into a global variable but all told I have 60 or so values I need to get at and since they are in both an A Fixtures and B Fixtures container I.d have to double them. Could get REAL ugly, REAL fast beside the maintenance overhead. Just FMI why was this changed??

Thanks,

Joe B