Sequencer Playback Direction/ Control of Step

Discuss problems and solutions.
electrofux
Regular
Sequencer Playback Direction/ Control of Step

Post by electrofux » 23 Mar 2014 17:53

Hi,

i am trying to make the Sequencer to run backwards, random etc.
I tried to add a script on clock that decrements the step but that doesnt seem to work.

So how should i go about it?

Cheers

alloedee
Regular

Re: Sequencer Playback Direction/ Control of Step

Post by alloedee » 23 Mar 2014 18:44

Me too

Also the alternative playback mode, where it runs both forward and backwards could be nice to have

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 23 Mar 2014 21:21

There's a saying...."If the mountain can't come to Muhammad, Muhammad must go to the mountain"

If the sequencer can't play reverse, you can reverse the sequence!

Example coming soon!

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 23 Mar 2014 22:30

Yeah, i thought about that too. Doesnt look too dificult to reverse it. But this is only the start of what i have in mind for a sequencer (skip, jump, multiple triggers of a step). It would be easier if i had control of the actual step than having to mess with the whole pattern.
This is only the first day where i use the Sequencer module but i assume what i want to do is only possible with a totally custom on clock sequencer which i am starting right now. The first headache is the length and legato functions though.

I got the running light and Pitches (including scale) like in the original mono sequencer going as normal switches and sliders. So i have control over the step now. But as i said, how would i make a length slider now since there is no gate variable in the noteout expression. Do i need to count 1/64 pulses and send noteoffs as fine as 1/64th?

Swing, omg how would i do this?