multiple instances of the same plug-in, one template?

Discuss problems and solutions.
dbk
Regular
multiple instances of the same plug-in, one template?

Post by dbk » 19 Jan 2014 19:30

Hi,

i´ve build two templates with OSC and total recall, works fine so far.
how could make these templates able to talk to more then one instance of the plug the templates are written for?

it would be great to switch the statuts of the template when i change the tracks in ableton.

any pointers in the right direction would be great, thanks!

wurlt01
Regular

Re: multiple instances of the same plug-in, one template?

Post by wurlt01 » 20 Jan 2014 01:55

I not a expert but from what i understand the best thing would be to make two pages of same template and have specific osc names for each page maybe just add a for one and b on other osc names and make two veersion of youur max for live plugin since lemur only recieves on the one osc target. so you can use the one osc in and out like your using but you have specfic osc name for both. I ran in to similar problem today with reaktor was using 2 instances of s-layer with osc template. i had to disable osc on one instance and activate on other. not a great solution.

dbk
Regular

Re: multiple instances of the same plug-in, one template?

Post by dbk » 20 Jan 2014 13:17

seems to be no trivial task, maybe it needs a m4l patch which sees what plug in has focus and sends out a number according to this.
the template then would be updated based on this number.

i wonder if a plug-in sends out values once it is in focus, if not it probalby would need a "bang" to output the current values of all controls.