Solo and Mute in Logic 9

Discuss problems and solutions.
faddycooper
Solo and Mute in Logic 9

Post by faddycooper » 12 Sep 2013 13:45

hi folks,

so i'm having another issue with Solo/Muting my channel strips in Logic (9.1.1) from Lemur.
I set up a custom button and if i set it up to pad mode i can hit the solo button once, but i have no visual feedback if this channel is soloed or not.
when i do it in switch mode i have to double tap the solo button to actually solo in logic.

i want the button the solo the cannel by tapping it once and have a visual feedback if it's on or not.
same with the mute button.

i'm already working through the manual but since its 150 pages i hope to find some good tips in here to build my interface.

many thanks

faddy :)

Softcore
Regular

Re: Solo and Mute in Logic 9

Post by Softcore » 12 Sep 2013 14:26

If your problem is related/of the same nature as this...

http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2333

then the solution is this....

http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 8892#p8892

caution: to map the example button, map the custom expressions l and out but be sure to leave the checkboxes in project window as they are (x unticked, l unticked, out ticked)

faddycooper

Post by faddycooper » 13 Sep 2013 15:22

thank you softcore, i appreciate this very much.
i can check it out on sunday and let you know if it works.
it appears to be the same problem, so hopefully your template will work :)

king regards

faddy

faddycooper

Post by faddycooper » 16 Sep 2013 14:31

so i tried your button. it works fine but i have to keep on pressing the solo button. solo is deactivated when i release the button.
i found a solution for this. instead of sending not on/of messages i tried sending control changes. so know i don't have to double tap for solo
and have perfect visual feedback. i don't know why it works but it does :?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 16 Sep 2013 14:45

The note on message was only related to the specific function I had designed the button for - I should have mentioned, when mentioned the mapping instructions, that you should try with CC messages!

Glad to hear you sorted it out!

As for how/why it works - the tech stuff is described in my links above - to cut it down to simple english its a button that sends messages AS IF it was a pad (127 when pressed, 0 when released), behaves visually as a switch (one press turns it on, second press turns it off, visually) and, finally accepts feedback AS IF it was a switch/button (127 turns it on, 0 turns it off)

faddycooper

Post by faddycooper » 20 Sep 2013 11:09

yeah! makes sense thank you.