4.0.3 crashing and unusable, still skin problems?

Discuss problems and solutions.
TffShtt
4.0.3 crashing and unusable, still skin problems?

Post by TffShtt » 05 Jul 2013 08:00

Hi,

4.0.3 is crashes immediately on my 'pad, both when I try to connect with it over wifi from the editor OR when I try to open a new project from within the app itself.

I have read about the editor crashing with bipolar issues *how fitting* and have tried those solutions (save project as classic, turn off project skins) but no luck. These dire problems appeared suddenly after I started fooling around with skins. Never thought such a 'benign' function could bring an app to its knees.

Help. Please. wanted to jam with it today...

running OSX 10.6.8, iOS 5.1.1 on an ipad 1
definitely didn't need an iPud until I found Lemur

TffShtt

Re: 4.0.3 crashing and unusable, still skin problems?

Post by TffShtt » 05 Jul 2013 09:31

Hmmm... it looks like a corrupt monitor in the project might be at least part of the problem. When I try to delete it or any of the parent containers in the editor, the editor crashes immediately. When I copy the monitor it to a text editor, the parameter that usually passes the font size is 0, when it should be 20 (which is the font size that it is showing).

I discovered this while trying to link the monitor a multislider via a script and it wasn't reacting.

TffShtt

Re: 4.0.3 crashing and unusable, still skin problems?

Post by TffShtt » 07 Jul 2013 18:42

I ended up having to reinstall Lemur on the ipad.
I was able to salvage most of the project by copying the uncorrupted elements into a text editor, then into a new project. Both the editor and app work fine now but I won't be fooling around with skins for the time being.