Super Bass Station sysex parameter change

Discuss problems and solutions.
TffShtt
Super Bass Station sysex parameter change

Post by TffShtt » 03 Jul 2013 10:09

High everyone,

I'm working on an interface for the novation super bass station. The CC implemetation for the knobs seems like it will be fairly straight forward but I'm trying to figure out how I might implement the switches (LFO shape, range, sync, pwm source and cutoff mode). Though I think I might be able to control them using sysex commands, I am not certain: I have seen editors that implement these switches so I'm thinking it must be possible (manual says it sends and receives sysex). Searched for hours and found only this in regards to the bass station (not super bass station) sysex

super bass station sysex dumps from sysex librarian:
bassStationRange2.png
super bass station: range=2
bassStationRange2.png (15.64KiB)Viewed 1506 times
bassStationRange4.png
super bass station: range=4
bassStationRange4.png (15.23KiB)Viewed 1506 times
note the changed bit is the sixth set in the row numbered 60 (0D changes to 0F).

What would my midi message look like if I wanted to change only this parameter?
much thanks

TffShtt

Re: Super Bass Station sysex parameter change

Post by TffShtt » 21 Jul 2013 16:54

just an update here:

I downloaded the midiquest SBS template and it appears to implement the faceplate switches by sending ONLY sysex dumps of all the parameters (not just a single parameter), meaning it only updates the parameter being moved when it is done being moved, then dumps all the parameter settings
...so no live tweaking for the midiquest template.

I think this means I will also have to send sysex format dumps from all the parameters in my super bass station template to the super bass station, in order to get control of the faceplate switches (and all the other hidden functions).

Anyone know of a template/ example I could look at that uses a script to send a sysex dump of all the current template parameter settings?

much thanks
definitely didn't need an iPud until I found Lemur