OSC length wrapping issue with @colors

Discuss problems and solutions.
wetterberg
OSC length wrapping issue with @colors

Post by wetterberg » 13 Jun 2013 23:50

hi, so I'm dealing with a persistent problem that keeps coming up for me (and that I've attempted to deal with in the past but failed)

Sending "Pads @colors i i i i ..." messages to a 16*16 Pad object is fine, up until the 256th pad, which will then wrap and display the first pad instead.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm definitely sending full lists without wrapping, but no dice - it definitely behaves as if my object only takes 255 multicolor values.

Similarly, I am unable to send much by way of multilabel data to the object, either - data beyond 200-some entries gets corrupted, depending on how large each entry is.

wetterberg

Re: OSC length wrapping issue with @colors

Post by wetterberg » 20 Jun 2013 13:29

weekly bump.

Anybody else seen this? For the life of me I can't remember if this is something user-related or if it's an actual bug. I reckon, since /Pads/light can do 256 values that it might be related to the @ parameters?

wetterberg

Post by wetterberg » 26 Jun 2013 22:06

Two-week bump...

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 28 Jun 2013 05:05

Hi
Yeah, checked this out via Max and it does go a bit skewy ...
Though internally it is fine, so if you know the colors in advance you can possibly hand the processing off to lemur somehow. Depends on exactly what you are wanting to achieve , there may be a variety of options. . .

I have noticed a few other possible issues and will send a report to support if you haven't ..
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

wetterberg

Post by wetterberg » 01 Jul 2013 07:13

yeah man, if you could report this, that'd be great - and if you'd need a test patch for it, do let me know.

Sadly I don't know the colours ahead of time, no, otherwise that could have been a temporary workaround.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 01 Jul 2013 08:14

I guess a temporary workaround might be had using midi/sysex perhaps. . .
Or some way to constrain colours a bit so they are 'known' easier l .
Just thoughts of the top . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]