Switching between templates on the fly in Reaper - problems

Discuss problems and solutions.
ishaan
Switching between templates on the fly in Reaper - problems

Post by ishaan » 13 Feb 2013 20:33

I'd like to be able to use different templates back and forth in a single session, i.e. use a mixer template to set levels then switch to a soft-synth template to tweak one of my synths, then go back to the mixer and make more adjustments...etc. etc. etc.. The problem is that when I switch back to my mixer template, all the settings disappear - the track labels default to "Text", the mute/solo button statuses reset, etc. Very frustrating! Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Ishaan

Diversgens

Re: Switching between templates on the fly in Reaper - probl

Post by Diversgens » 13 Feb 2013 21:22

Hi Ishaan,

perhaps will it help to try the template i have done for Reaper, you can find it here :
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=98673
read the full thread carefully to know how to setup Reaper and Lemur.

The last template is in the reply #72.
I have some change to do and i will upload it in the user library soon ....

ishaan

Post by ishaan » 13 Feb 2013 21:40

Thanks for your response Diversgens. As a matter of fact, that is the very thread that I used to originally setup Reaper with Lemur. The template which you mentioned though, on post #72, has the same problem though. I can't switch between templates without all the mixer settings reverting back.

Diversgens

Post by Diversgens » 14 Feb 2013 12:33

Sorry to ear about this ... Have you double check the osc configuration in Reaper and Lemur ?
What did you mean by templates (is this the 4 interfaces of the template or did you add more interface after mine) ?
Does the refresh button work ?

I'm sure we will sort it, it's probably only a parameter to check or change in Reaper.....

jbgeluid
Regular

Post by jbgeluid » 17 Feb 2013 01:14

I don't think you can switch "templates" without a reset.

What you can do I think is merge all templates you want to use into one big one with multiple "interfaces" (the black labels on top). Simply recall one of the templates you want to merge, copy the template, (or actualy the interface you want to merge) in the "project" window, chose copy with your right mouse button), then just open your "main" template in the editor (you don't have to close the other one), put your mouse on the bottom folder in your project window, and choose "paste" (right mouse). your other template/interface should apear in the list, as an interface in this one. Now save this as your new merged template..

What could complicate things is that maybe you have to make shure reaper and the synth are on different lemur-ports, to make shure things don't get mixed up. I myself use midi ( for controlling Cubase), I use 8 in and out ports, for 6x generic remote and 2x Mackie control on different ports, with midiyoke on my pc on the other end (also 16 ports). Don't know if this aplies to OSC but just a warning..

Oh and if you number the interfaces (1.mixer, 2.editor, 3. synth or whatever) they will apear in that order by interface on your Ipad instead of by alphabet.
To rename: select an interface (folder) in the project window on the right, now rename on the bottom left in the interface properties tab.
Cubase 11, Windows 10/
Intel I7 4930K @3.4Ghz/
multiple RME hammerfall cards
Controllers: Ipad2/16gb, Lemur, BCR2000
http://www.jbgeluid.nl