Back into the editor

Discuss problems and solutions.
joebataz
Regular
Back into the editor

Post by joebataz » 26 Dec 2012 22:59

This is something I have been asking about and I've seen some pretty cool things reading thru the forums this time but I still haven't located this one.

In my template, when it is running on the iPad I can save sequences of notes for playback BUT i can't get them back to the editor on the Mac. And when I make an edit on the Mac it blows away the sequences I written on the iPad. For me (maybe others) a feature that allows arrays to be written/read to a file on the iPad would be the best option but a way to get the arrays from the iPad to the corresponding array on the Mac would also work. Is any of this doable? Has anyone done this sort of thing?

Thanks,

joeb

Softcore
Regular

Re: Back into the editor

Post by Softcore » 27 Dec 2012 01:45

Perhaps via the app files exchange via iTunes?

I know this must sound cumbersome but its the only way I can think of!!

joebataz
Regular

Post by joebataz » 27 Dec 2012 04:54

There is definitely another way that is a little better.
1. Backup the template file (.jzml) on the iMac by giving it a different name (the template is LDJ on my iMac) like LDJ12262012.jzml.
2. Start Lemur on the iMac and DON'T open anything.
3. Start Lemur on the iPad and load the template (LDJ)
4. Click the arrow in the top right corner of the editor on the iMac that does the connection and when the dialog comes up click the download button.
5. Now the template on the iPad is loaded into the editor.

That works but I sure as heck wish there was a read/write function that would allow arrays (or the global vars) to be written on the iPad. There are tons of apps that do this and I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to do it but I don't think the Liine guys would appreciate me hacking their code. Besides which they're more than likely going to get there eventually and I'd much rather keep tweaking the app. I'm pretty proud of it and I always have at least a dozen people ask me where I got it. And that gets us more people who wind up on the forum and come up with other neat ideas.

I do quite a bit of editing on the .jzml file using a text editor and wasn't even aware of the way around the font size issue on Pads until I saw the thread on setting the size right in the .jzml file which has now given me readable Pad text. So even though I've been developing close onto a year I just picked up something VERY valuable from the forum last week.

2 things, THANKS for the suggestion and if you aren't REALLY comfortable playing around with the .jzml file DON'T DO IT unless you back it up!

Thanks again and oh yeah, Merry Christmas to all and to all keep working with Lemur!!
joeb

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 28 Dec 2012 07:28

Gee I had never noticed that download button! ;)