MU drum rack crashing ableton live and Mu stepseq 4 track...

Discuss problems and solutions.
Jo Borges
MU drum rack crashing ableton live and Mu stepseq 4 track...

Post by Jo Borges » 26 Oct 2012 08:37

Hi, first of all, let me talk for the first time here. Lemur is great, I have 2 hardware legacy lemurs and now 1 iPad 3 64 running Liine Lemur.
I am testing a lot of configurations to work live, specially in making music form zero and improvising.
I just found MU frameworks step sequencers and it's absolutely great, specially for what I want to do, but I found 2 problems for now.

1- I could run via Mu frameworks up to 4 tracks of Mu step sequencers and, besides some visual feedback glitches, all goes really fine. But when I try to add another track, the Lemur stop to receiving information. even if I reboot and reload the project to send information again, iPad can't receive the info with more than 4 tracks of MU stepseq. is that a technical limitation of how MU is implemented or is that a bug?

2- I start to test some MU conficurations, again for live purposes, and just created 4 tracks with some midi racks in it, and one of them is a drum rack, 2 fx busses, a reverb and a ping pong delay. WHen I try to access the ableton devices via MU, all goes fine, until I open Drum rack device, cause open drum rack device in MU crash my ableton live every time. Could you replicate the issue there?

I have ableton live suite 8.3.4, iPad 3 64 3g, with all last iOS and last Lemur revision. I'm using ad hoc network.
I have installed in my system max 5 and max 6 and all the max external to run monome and original lemurs, if this could help.

Thanks in advance.

JB
Any form of music that I like at the moment.
iPad Air 128, 2 Jazz Mutant Lemur, Monome, Maschine mk2, Arturia Beat Step Pro, Ableton Push 01 & 02, APC 40, Launchpad and a lot of other toys.
musicbit.com.br
facebook.com/joborges10