Assigning NI Massive's Pitch in Ableton, please help !

Discuss problems and solutions.
misterfitch
Assigning NI Massive's Pitch in Ableton, please help !

Post by misterfitch » 16 Oct 2012 20:52

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a massive template but i really can't figure out how to match the behaviour of a knob, fader or anything else to the range of ableton and massive itself.
The pitches of massive's oscillators have a range from -64 to +64. The first thing i tried was creating a bidirectional knob and assigning it as usual, which did work but hitting an exact pitch was impossible. I then decided to go with a range of 48 semitones, 24 in each direction. With Ableton's minimum value being 0 and the maximum value being one, there's 0 being a pitch of -64 and 1 being a pitch of +64. I have then calculated where -24 and +24 would be, which is close to 0,31 and 0,69, which isn't exact because Ableton only let's you use 2 numbers after the comma. The rounded values would then be equivalent to pitches -24,32 and +24,32 semitones. Not really helping. Besides that, i can't hit full pitch values going by this method. My next try was adding a grid to the knob with 48 steps which is impossible because lemur only let's you use 33 steps. My next try was creating buttons, positioning pitches in massive and then mapping the buttons to specific pitches, which didn't work either because Ableton would always assign this button to the range, not the specific value. I've tried all these things with buttons, faders and knobs.

Does anyone have an idea ? I would be satisfied if I had a way to jump to -24, -19, -12, -7, 0, +7, +12, +19 and +24.

And please excuse the chaotic explanation but english is snot my first language.

Thanks in advance !

misterfitch

Re: Assigning NI Massive's Pitch in Ableton, please help !

Post by misterfitch » 18 Oct 2012 06:55

Would it be possible to achieve this by creating a little Max Patch using a Number box ?