Missing fader behaviour ?

Discuss problems and solutions.
rfmusic
Missing fader behaviour ?

Post by rfmusic » 11 Jul 2012 15:14

Hallo, i would like the fader behave relatively, like the ones in TouchOSC, i mean, if the fader is at 0, and i put my finger at half, the fader should not move, it should start moving when i start moving the finger, relatively, this is much more safer when using live as to change a fader position you don't have just to put the finger on the fader, but you have to move it also.
Honestly like this faders are quite pointless to me.

I see Knobs for example works as i like when are set to "linear", is it possible to have the same on faders please?

shimoda
Regular

Re: Missing fader behaviour ?

Post by shimoda » 11 Jul 2012 19:56

You do have the cap options where you only control the fader when your finger is over the 'handle'. Otherwise I wouldn't say it's missing. Perhaps just a feature of TouchOSC. You could also use capture so that it doesn't work off the fader, not the behavior you are looking for but it's an option.

rfmusic

Post by rfmusic » 12 Jul 2012 06:42

with the cap option it became harder to get it unfortunately it's not what i'm looking for..
strange after years of lemur programming nobody has requested something like this, if you have used touchosc it's so natural... Lemur faders are ribbons more than faders. with a ribbon you just have to press to change it, a faders requires to move the finger, also a real one acts this way!
another strange thing it looks i can't put them horizontally....

shimoda
Regular

Post by shimoda » 12 Jul 2012 15:17

I thought you couldn't put them horizontally either but you can, just grab a corner and drag it wider than tall, it will automatically change to horizontal. Would like a bipolar fader though.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 12 Jul 2012 18:20

you can use a slider. That's what I do when I need a bi-polar 'fader'.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro