Midi to Lemur / Midi syncro stopped working

Discuss problems and solutions.
Tao-Nhan
Midi to Lemur / Midi syncro stopped working

Post by Tao-Nhan » 09 Jul 2012 02:25

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to 3.2 and I notice that the iPad Lemur is not receiving MIDI information anymore. I am normally connecting the Macbook pro 10.6 with a ad hoc connection, but I have also tried the same test with a physical MIDI interface (Kenton USB MIDI)
A simple test :
1) Create a volume fader in the editor, activate "Lemur Connection" and "Lemur Syncro"
2) Move the fader value on the Lemur screen -> the fader move on the Lemur editor
3) Move the fader value on the Lemur editor -> the fader DOESN'T move on the Lemur iPad screen (i.e. NO MIDI in received)
4) Move the fader object to another location on the screen -> the template on the iPad editor shows the fader new location

My Daemon is assigned in both midi in and out
I have done a test from my Ableton Live sequencer and linked a volume fader to a fader on the ipad and changing a volume with the mouse is not reflected on the iPad.

Can anyone confirm the issue ?

Phil999
Regular

Re: Midi to Lemur / Midi syncro stopped working

Post by Phil999 » 10 Jul 2012 13:28

Tao-Nhan wrote: 3) Move the fader value on the Lemur editor -> the fader DOESN'T move on the Lemur iPad screen (i.e. NO MIDI in received)
I believe this is perfectly normal.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Tao-Nhan

Post by Tao-Nhan » 12 Jul 2012 15:17

Phil999 wrote:
Tao-Nhan wrote: 3) Move the fader value on the Lemur editor -> the fader DOESN'T move on the Lemur iPad screen (i.e. NO MIDI in received)
I believe this is perfectly normal.
Actually it is not. When Sync is enabled, any change of value on the ipad or the editor should be sent to update the other device

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 12 Jul 2012 18:17

hm, maybe. I rarely used sync, I don't exactly remember.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Post by axel_liine » 12 Jul 2012 20:32

Tao-Nhan wrote:Hello,

I have recently upgraded to 3.2 and I notice that the iPad Lemur is not receiving MIDI information anymore. I am normally connecting the Macbook pro 10.6 with a ad hoc connection, but I have also tried the same test with a physical MIDI interface (Kenton USB MIDI)
A simple test :
1) Create a volume fader in the editor, activate "Lemur Connection" and "Lemur Syncro"
2) Move the fader value on the Lemur screen -> the fader move on the Lemur editor
3) Move the fader value on the Lemur editor -> the fader DOESN'T move on the Lemur iPad screen (i.e. NO MIDI in received)
4) Move the fader object to another location on the screen -> the template on the iPad editor shows the fader new location

My Daemon is assigned in both midi in and out
I have done a test from my Ableton Live sequencer and linked a volume fader to a fader on the ipad and changing a volume with the mouse is not reflected on the iPad.

Can anyone confirm the issue ?
The sync mode in the Editor doesn't use MIDI or the Daemon. Changing the fader value from the Editor isn't supposed to be reflected on the Lemur screen.
Your MIDI input problem with Ableton Live could be caused by your Live settings. Are you sure Live is set up to use the MIDI port as a "Remote OUT" port ?

Tao-Nhan

Post by Tao-Nhan » 13 Jul 2012 03:54

Hi Axel, thank you for your reply.

While the ableton midi settings would be the probable cause for those described MIDI issues, I assure you those are setup correctly. Further, I have done another test which, in my opinion, point out 3.2 related issues :
Using the same template, and ableton project and 2 ipads simultaneously, configured exactly the same way (directly to the daemon to receive midi input)
I have one Lemur fader assigned to a Ableton volume channel. If I move the fader on the computer with the mouse, then :
- the iPad with Lemur 3.1 moves
- the iPad with Lemur 3.2 doesnt move

Doesn't that point out to a MIDI issue?
Would it be possible to get a copy of 3.1 ipa to temporarily downgrade ?