unable to change template midi channel

Discuss problems and solutions.
Aware
unable to change template midi channel

Post by Aware » 09 Jul 2012 01:48

HI, i have been trying to change a template (microkorg) midi channel to match my synth, but so far lemur only responds to midi channel 1
i have changed all the defaults in the template from midi 1 over to midi 2, and have had no success. (i have changed the global on the synth to two to match when testing) and also defaulted lemure midi targets to midi two. seems im missing somthing

Can someone please guide me how they might do this. i have searched the forums but have found nothing.

Thanks

bxsj
Regular

Re: unable to change template midi channel

Post by bxsj » 09 Jul 2012 14:02

Changing the midi channel is not done via changing the midi ports (Midi1, Midi2, etc.). Changing the midi channel is done in the field "Channel" in the MIDI mapping section for each object. Probably it would be easier to change the receiving midi channel on your synth?
Hope that helps,
BxSj
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers

Aware

Post by Aware » 13 Jul 2012 02:37

Hi, thanks for your imput. it helps because i confirms what ive thought. indeed changing my gear is faster. i had also tried to change each object to midi 2 and that didnt work.

Regards

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 11 Sep 2012 06:24

Bear in mind that MIDI Channel is set per *variable*, not per object. This gives you maximum flexibility, but it also means that you can't immediately change the MIDI Channel for all variables of a single object. In many cases, users will create a custom variable (often called 'target') and reference this in the Custom MIDI or scripts. In that case, it's simply a matter of changing the value of this variable to reassign the MIDI Target for all those scripts.

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 16 Sep 2012 16:04

I'm guessing you're using the template I uploaded to the group share. If so, I didn't know how to make the midi channel changeable when I made it, so the MicroKorg will need to be on channel 1 at all times. Sorry, I did learn and implement that option in my future templates!