Menu weirdness on save

Discuss problems and solutions.
drewboles
Menu weirdness on save

Post by drewboles » 25 Jun 2012 02:10

Hey everybody -
This question is loosely related to another topic I posted about knobs, and being unable to save their default value of 0 without writing On Load code to instantiate it:
http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1482

I now have a problem with the Menu object, specifically when the "scale object" option is selected. If I select a Menu value and save it into the interface, it sometimes, upon re-open, reverts to the value just before it. I.e. in the small attachment below, if I save the menu on Option 5, when I reopen the interface, it now shows Option 4. However, if I save on Option 7, it re-opens still set to that value.

This problem only occurs when using the "scale output" mode. It seems like it must have something to do with the way the # of menu items divides the range between 0 and 1, because which menu items exhibit the problem depends upon whether the total number of those items is odd or even. WIth an even number, the first half of the items shows the problem, while the last half does not; with an odd number, the problematic items are scattered throughout the whole list.

Obviously, the original idea Macciza pointed out in the previous thread (save this information in an On Load script that sets preset values rather than rely on defaults saving properly) is a perfectly useable and effective solution. At this point, though, I'm more curious to know if there's something obvious that I'm missing here, or if this does indeed seem like strange behavior?

Thanks everybody!

Drew
Attachments
_menu_testing.jzml
try selecting Option 5, move the Menu (so that it can be saved), save the file, reopen - now the Menu should read Option 4 (well, it shouldn't, i don't think, but it does!)
(909Bytes)Downloaded 98 times