Version 3.2 on iPad2 - text is really bad, almost unusable

Discuss problems and solutions.
joebataz
Regular
Re: Version 3.2 on iPad2 - text is really bad, almost unusab

Post by joebataz » 22 Jun 2012 05:55

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............

One of the pages on my template has 1 Pad array and 1 Switch array. They each have 32 Pads/Switches. Rather than make 64 individual text objects I made 8 lines of 8 strings (C-2, C#-2, D-2, etc.) I spent some time putting spaces in between each of the strings so that the text fell where I wanted it over the arrays. Everything still looks correct in the Mac editor but the text on the iPad is all out of alignment and I can't seem to get it back where it needs to be!

This Retina text thing has got to be switchable. I wanted to polish off the app but now it looks like weeks just to get the text back.

NOT GOOD!

joeb

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 22 Jun 2012 16:32

no reply from Liine since two days, I believe they are working silently for a solution. I just want to repeat that it could be helpful to test new versions with selected users. AB, joebataz, bxsj, Macciza, myself, ... . I've been and still am beta tester for Samplemodeling and 3dconnexion for years, I find errors and bugs quite fast.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

artsUNMUTED
Regular

Post by artsUNMUTED » 22 Jun 2012 17:08

New update makes me a bit scared - I can't imagine making two template versions for iPad 1-2 and Retina. In case of complex templates it is awful lots of work. The previous version didn't look bad on iPad 3 - to me it was OK. Naturally the 3.2 looks better on a retina display but all templates look bad on iPad 1 and 2. I have nearly finished a huge template for Presonus Studio One, but now I have to stop working because I am not certain how the issues will be resolved. Bummer...

artsUNMUTED
Regular

Post by artsUNMUTED » 22 Jun 2012 17:17

Also the text object offset problem between Retina and legacy version is a very serious issue - hundreds of elements get awfully offset in my templates.

joebataz
Regular

Post by joebataz » 22 Jun 2012 17:17

I'm just leaving the text as it is for now. It's ugleeeee and I cringe every time I look but I have bigger fish to fry.

Thanks for the reply. I'm retired so I have a bunch of time when I'm not building new sequences with my Lemur template which looks to be called LDJ. I am using it in a production mode right now to crank out midi sequences for others. Works like a charm, just doesn't look as good as it used to.....

joeb

drewboles

Post by drewboles » 23 Jun 2012 00:52

I'd like to add that thin, curved lines also look terrible. The knobs now all look like the graphics have been digitally altered or compressed, to the point of losing a great deal of clarity. Maybe it looks great on iPad3, but I shouldn't have to buy a new iPad for text to show up in the right place, be readable, and for things to look at least somewhat decent.

Liine, how can we revert to 3.1?! My Lemur was working just fine, I just want the old version!

whatisvalis
Regular

Post by whatisvalis » 23 Jun 2012 03:28

Yes, the knobs look terrible. Even if we have to change the txt in our templates it's unacceptable to have to deal with **** graphics just because we use older generation iPads.

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 23 Jun 2012 13:42

Yeap all my text has gone bad. Unreadable, unusable and ugly. Big step back for Liine. I will be downloading the jailvroken 3.1 if nothing gets fixed.

drewboles

Post by drewboles » 23 Jun 2012 15:03

kraftf, do you know where you can get a download of the 3.1 version? i'm intrigued...

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 23 Jun 2012 15:19

If you made backups from you ipad, you should be able to reload your latest backup via itunes. Before doing this, I highly recommend to read up about ipad backups on the net.
Btw, I do have a backup of my ipad from February. Not sure if I want to reload it, because I would loose all stuff that I've changed since then.
B.
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers