connection drop?

Discuss problems and solutions.
biologik
connection drop?

Post by biologik » 18 Feb 2012 23:38

I've been practicing a live PA for a few hours today and twice I noticed that the connection from the lemur dropped. I'm using a wifi signal generated from my laptop to connect and NOT going through a router.

What's strange is that when I go back to the main menu, I can see that MIDI A is red instead of black. If I select it it turns black again and the connection resumes (without stopping the DAW). Any idea why this might be happening and how I can prevent it?

thanks!

Macciza
Regular

Re: connection drop?

Post by Macciza » 19 Feb 2012 01:28

Hi
Not sure with the dropping out . . .
But I have to ask what you mean by 'practicing a live PA'?
You have used the term a few times, do you just mean playing into a PA as in a Sound System?
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Post by axel_liine » 19 Feb 2012 16:59

biologik wrote:I've been practicing a live PA for a few hours today and twice I noticed that the connection from the lemur dropped. I'm using a wifi signal generated from my laptop to connect and NOT going through a router.

What's strange is that when I go back to the main menu, I can see that MIDI A is red instead of black. If I select it it turns black again and the connection resumes (without stopping the DAW). Any idea why this might be happening and how I can prevent it?

thanks!
Hi,
Can you tell me what OS you're using, and more details on the MIDI connections ? How many ports are connected through the Daemon, are those virtual MIDI ports, OS X IAC busses ?
Thanks,

Axel

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Post by axel_liine » 19 Feb 2012 17:08

Also, what sort of Wifi connection are you using ? Ad-hoc ?

biologik

Post by biologik » 19 Feb 2012 18:42

Yes, it's an ad-hoc network, using Win 7 64bit. Two ports (A and B) on the lemur daemon which were created using loopmidi and not using OSC at all.
Cheers

muld

Post by muld » 27 Mar 2012 09:33

I have the same pb
I have two ipad connected in daemin for execute midi in traktor (only midi no osc)
The connection drop randomly and is the same thing of Biologik

Audiorama

Post by Audiorama » 14 May 2012 19:57

I have the same problem (yet posted in general discussion).
I asked for help, but no response yet

Bruno

pngaudioguy

Post by pngaudioguy » 14 May 2012 22:07

I've found that my MIDI ports will turn red if I issue a command that the device being controlled doesn't like, and/or send too many commands too quickly. Typically I find that this happens while I'm trying to figure out how to use a new feature. You might double check that your code isn't overloading the MIDI device and making it angry?

Audiorama

Post by Audiorama » 17 May 2012 09:15

Hi,

I don't think you should think in terms of angryness or overloading midi datas, when speaking of connection dropping ;)
the problem seems to be wireless midi connection in itself : reported as non-reliable in all users' forums.
iconnectmidi seems to be a good "cable" solution for ios midi, as reliability is reported everywhere :D
but for me it doesn't match my ios setups : 8 ipads for group playing in concert ! :(

any suggestion welcomed

best regards,

Bruno

foursided

Post by foursided » 01 Jun 2012 14:23

Audiorama wrote: iconnectmidi seems to be a good "cable" solution for ios midi, as reliability is reported everywhere :D
I seem to be the one person who has had horrific experience with this thing. I just got home from 80 days of touring and had problems nearly every night with it. I will experience a "This device is not supported by iPad" every night at some point and have to spend significant time rebooting the iPad, unplugging and replugging the cables from the iConnectMIDI until it will reconnect. I have two iConnectMIDI units, three of their cables, and two iPads with which to switch between. This happens with both iPads, both units, and all three of the cables, in all different permutations. The company has been unable to resolve this for me. Has nobody else experienced this problem???