connection drop?

Discuss problems and solutions.
foursided
Re: connection drop?

Post by foursided » 18 Jun 2012 17:38

This is what I get trying to use the iConnectMIDI with either of my iPads and my iPhone.

Audiorama

Post by Audiorama » 18 Jun 2012 20:10

Hi,
I'm using line6 mobilizer II, as midi interface for ipad, with Lemur.
Sometimes i get the same message from Lemur on the ipad, when connecting.
then if I turn the lemur off, then the ipad and turn on again,
everything is cleared.
strange, I think that the bug is with Lemur, not with our your interfaces.

If people at Liine could react...

so many problems with midi by wifi, then you go back to the cables and midi connection problems are coming back ?????
what's wrong with Lemur ? :cry:

bennydlyte

Post by bennydlyte » 28 Jul 2012 03:18

I'm gonna have to second the hypothesis that the fault is with the software... It's as if Lemur is on again off again polling the physical connection port cause when I first attach my iconnectmidi I get the "unrecognized" error, then if exit out of Lemur then I detach the special mini USB to iPad connector that came with the iconnectmidi and then plug it back in, it all seems to work fine after a moment or two. Could be how iOS and Lemur jive is funky but my setup pretty much doesn't work without that step... I did notice that no midi is being transmitted from the iPad (the iconnectmidi device activity LEDs are unresponsive) prior to the plug cycling as well. This definitely isn't a fix but it should keep things going for you. Maybe post with further symptoms if this also doesn't work for you...?

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 28 Jul 2012 03:58

I have an iRig MIDI interface for iPad, and although it works all the time, the power supply through the little USB cable is problematic. Sometimes its powered, sometimes not. It also appears to depend on the right sequence. First plug in the interface, then the Apple PSU, then the little USB cable. Still not quite sure about it, and I believe it has become better after the iOS updates.

It is different from what you guys are experiencing, but it is also an example that 3rd party hardware and iOS can be problematic in general.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Audiorama

Post by Audiorama » 28 Jul 2012 09:24

hi everybody,
our problems with the midi connection seems to happen when connecting the midi interface : the connecting sequence seems to be crucial.
and perhaps a little erratic , too... I have sometimes the same problem, when connecting my 8 ipads with 8 midi mobilizer II :
one or two fail to connect, then I diconnect those who failed, close Lemur, shut down the ipad and restart again. Sometimes it works, sometimes i have to do it again one more time.
when the 8 ipads are well connected, then it works very well , without any problems : and I experienced it in entire day workshops without any problem and on stage as well.
so, i think : don't panic ! it works well, ;)
far better than wireless midi who drops when you are playing... :twisted:
the good old cables will last long, if you see what i mean :D