Lemur Script Editor enhancement wishlist

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
analog604
Regular
Lemur Script Editor enhancement wishlist

Post by analog604 » 11 Jan 2012 16:24

So I've got about 100 working hours in Lemur editor now, and some enhancements have come to mind.

Script Editor Enhancements.
In script window, have a lock icon that will keep the current script when interface or object changes
on main screen for any reason. This will allow you to work on the script while checking out screens.

Colors
Allow window background color and code colors to be customized, or at least allow the background to be dark grey or black.
In short term, please have an option turning off of code coloring.
Red text is very hard to read on white.
Maybe instead of making error code red (which is most of the time in development!) have another icon that shows if current script is in error. clicking on icon will highlight the 1st part in error. : )

Also reading bright green comments on white is straining on eyes.

Navigation
On OS X: Allow pageup/page down to work.

After pressing Command+S/Cmd+Shift+S, do not move focus from script window to object tree.. this always gets me, I save every 10 minutes, and then go to arrow through the script and it changes the object and shows something else. Arrrrrrgggg.

I've got hundreds of objects and code lines to find. Please add a search and search replace option in script window. Also create search in object tree.

Paste buffer
When code text is pasted from another app window in OS X. It shows up as one line. This takes time to fix.
Please allow all of those ^Ms to be line return/feeds.

Objects navigation
Objects window, have +/- buttons to make font bigger/smaller, it's hard to read when small in some situations.

Have a collapse all folders/objects button, and an open all. or shift open to open from current selection down.

8-)
cheers~
J
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

Phil999
Regular

Re: Lemur Script Editor enhancement wishlist

Post by Phil999 » 11 Jan 2012 17:44

I would like to be able to change the MIDI-cannel of an entire module with one click. That would save me time. Can this be done with a text editor?
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 11 Jan 2012 18:14

That would be a useful improvement too.
Right now you can bring up the saved .JZML in a text editor, which is a very good thing it is not binary.
Operate on it with any tool that manipulates text, I use scripting languages like PERL, or unix shell.
Or just a simple text editor.

Replace the value of midi_target="1" (or old value).
Try not to replace the midi_target when it is a negative value.

But be careful save a backup first.
Same can be done with OSC messages, or anything else.

Of course it is easy to wreck the template, so test it out and make sure there aren't glitches on the changed version.

-J
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

ahonoe

Post by ahonoe » 03 Sep 2012 16:25

A simple request - implement industry standard Windows navigation keys. Specifically "home" moves cursor to the beginning of the current row and "end" key moves to the end of the current row. Ctrl+Home keys moves cursor to top of script and Ctrl+End keys moves to end of script.

Thanks!
Regards,

Scott