show ipad ip in settings

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Anton
Regular
show ipad ip in settings

Post by Anton » 16 Dec 2011 08:34

so id ont have to go to the ipad global settings.

pach

Re: show ipad ip in settings

Post by pach » 16 Dec 2011 08:37

+1 for this one.
The implementation of Bonjour protocol would be great too to be able to set up configuration faster.

Anton
Regular

Post by Anton » 16 Dec 2011 08:54

i think bonjour is working pach.

marino_liine
Regular

Post by marino_liine » 16 Dec 2011 10:18

Hi Guys,

It's a good suggestion but to me it seems kind of redundant right now you can look up your iPad's IP without having to go into the settings.

- Connect the iPad to the same network.
- Launch Lemur Editor.
- Click on the button that looks like a playhead.
- A menu will come up with the name of your iPad and it's IP right next to it. It will also show up in a menu.

Best regards,
Marino.

Anton
Regular

Post by Anton » 16 Dec 2011 20:41

if you dont have bonjour then that wont happen. I dont have (and want) bonjour intalled on one of my work machines for example
also, you have a need for the ip adres for other things besides the editor, for example, when connecting pd to lemur via osc.

ruigato

Post by ruigato » 21 Dec 2011 19:49

I dont know if this works because of my local network DNS settings, but you can use the DNS name of the iPad instead of the ip number. The same works in the oposite direction, using the Computer DNS name. In OSX it's set under Sharing preferences, and has the .local suffix. In Windows is the Computer name, and no need for the .local suffix

To change the ipad DNS , go to iTunes and click on the ipad name, in the left column.

After setting the DNS names, you can point your OSC targets using the Computer names, and can point to the ipad (in MAX for example) using the ipad name

Avoid using spaces or wierd chars when naming

It works for me under OSX and Windows

Cheers