"Number Box Fader"

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Macciza
Regular
Re: "Number Box Fader"

Post by Macciza » 09 Jun 2012 13:57

Hi Vanceg
Not seen you round much - I've not been over VG way much of late or not post at least . .
Glad you've gotten some mileage out of it - it could certainly be developed into a more elaborate scripted object class

Phil999 - Nothing fancy here, just plain old real world smoke and mirrors, hidden (black) controller sending values . . .
Heres something along that line to get you started if you have not already - just change the values as needed
+ StrBox.jzlib
String Box
(3.79KiB)Downloaded 173 times
Hope that helps

MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 09 Jun 2012 21:39

aah, a hidden knob. That was also one of my attempts, but I thought it should work without. Will take a look at all examples soon. Thank you.

EDIT: looks good, such a simple and effective solution. I think the knob with linear settings has most space available outside the Knob object (capture). Thanks again.

man, I've learned quite a lot in the last two weeks that I work on my new Diva template. All this array stuff. What I entirely missed until now was the linear mode of the knob. How could I? But I just realise again how brilliant this Lemur software is.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

vanceg

Post by vanceg » 11 Jun 2012 02:46

Phil999 wrote:
vanceg wrote: I guess the next thing I'd be looking for would be a way to only send values when you lift up your finger.... I'm going to look into this next. If anyone knows of a simple script to enable this, please point me at it and I'll try to integrate that functionality.
this should be possible with execution on expression x and the arrow down. Execution if x=1 (touch) goes to 0 (release).
But I can't simply set the Knob's X value to Execute when it goes to 0 because what I want is for the object to send the current X value (no matter what it is) when I lift my finger up. So I would think I'd need to store the current X value somewhere, and tell the system to send that value when my TOUCH value went from 1 (touching the object) to 0 (lifted my finger up).

Simply setting the knob's X value to Execute when the value =0 doesn't do the trick - that just sends the X value when the X value = 0.

I'm sure it's not too hard - I'm just not yet familiar with where to find those variables which indicate if a touch is being registered for each object.

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 11 Jun 2012 09:08

The fader object has a z variable which shows if a fader is touched or not. This should allow to send the current x value when the finger is lifted.

If only all the other obects would have a z variable ... high priority on my lemur wish list.

Cheers,
BxSj
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers

vanceg

Post by vanceg » 27 Jun 2012 01:27

bxsj wrote:The fader object has a z variable which shows if a fader is touched or not. This should allow to send the current x value when the finger is lifted.

If only all the other obects would have a z variable ... high priority on my lemur wish list.

Cheers,
BxSj

Yes - This would be the way to accomplish what I'm looking for! As you point out - the Knob object doesn't have a Z parameter so it doesn't report when a finger is touching or not. I just tried a really funky workaround where i put an invisible fader behind the entire NumberBoxFader and then mapped the Z of this to trigger the sending of the value of the NumberBoxFader. That didn't work well because the whole point of this exercise is to NOT have to use a standard fader...and the standard fader that I put behind my NumberBoxFader can't track the movement of my finger outside it's physical range.

Z for every object please!

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 10 Oct 2012 00:11

vanceg wrote: Simply setting the knob's X value to Execute when the value =0 doesn't do the trick - that just sends the X value when the X value = 0.
yes you're right. I came to the same situation where I need a z value for a Knob object ...
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro