File IO request

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
microtonal
File IO request

Post by microtonal » 29 Nov 2015 00:52

I've seen related requests for saving parameters. I'd like Lemur to be able to load _and_ parse text files, and save of course. The application I have in mind is to load Scala micro tuning files with the note or interval designation to display on the keypads. The MIDI Tuning Standard only provides note plus 14 bit frequency offset values, so you can't really parse the number of notes per octave or the intervals directly.

Phil999
Regular

Re: File IO request

Post by Phil999 » 29 Nov 2015 04:17

Of course that would be great, but as far as I can see this won't happen I'm afraid. Have you tried to send notes from Lemur to ScaleGen, and then to your interface?

Or is this not an option for your setup?
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

microtonal

Re: File IO request

Post by microtonal » 30 Nov 2015 02:22

I was able to load a scala file to fileapp, then transfer it to Scalegen. I'm mapping Hexapad microtonal to ScaleGen to iConnect MIDI to Yarns MIDI-CV converter. It appears to be working, sending pitch bends with notes for micro tuning, though it would be good if ScaleGen documented which pitch bend range they need. I'm assuming a 2 note range.