Just a silly idea i had

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
r00n
Just a silly idea i had

Post by r00n » 10 Jan 2015 01:17

I had an idea a few years ago.

For controlling VST and DAW related windows, i thought it possible to capture a copy of the open or active window in the daw and project this picture vnc style, to a project on the ipad remote device.
You wouldn't need to canvas up a representative graphic and map of them either.
All hardware synths and midi gear without knobs should be able so supply this software picture and midi map to the remote device also.
If you where around in the days of synths with real knobs and sliders and mixers with real faders then you will know that using the ipad to touch the controls of the VST synths would be far more gratifying than mousing around with them.

told you it was silly.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Just a silly idea i had

Post by Softcore » 10 Jan 2015 07:55

http://www.neyrinck.com/v-control-pro

Although, since essentially what you get is a "mirror" screen of your desktop, you do NOT have multitouch control - ONE touch, ONE mouse pointer.

r00n

Post by r00n » 10 Jan 2015 20:59

I'm not really impressed by this neyrink stuff softcore. It looks ok but very limited.
Lemur is much cooler than that.
its just a fancy Mackie HUI thing from what I can see, but im not telling you anything you don't already know :)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 Jan 2015 10:25

Yup a Mackie Control implementation plus "virtual window" technology. Your idea, is very similar to that of a "virtual window" (minus the technicalities involved, for example, even if you do get a "screen" of your desktop software INSIDE your iPad how can you "transfer" the multitouch nature of iPad to the desktop which is "one cursor").

;)