disable user input- switch pages and container tabs only etc

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
cloud_canvas
disable user input- switch pages and container tabs only etc

Post by cloud_canvas » 10 Dec 2014 01:00

Hi,

I'd really like to see an attribute added to each object to actually disable the user's ability to modify the object with their touch. I've worked on a couple projects now where we're just using Lemur to visualize streaming data, so it's moving around multifaders and such and updating on everyone's devices, but everyone's ability to still touch the objects and move them kind of ruins it.

Just a checkbox in the object's lower left parameters, an attribute called like "editable [1/0]" or something like that.

Thanks!

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: disable user input- switch pages and container tabs only

Post by ndivuyo » 10 Dec 2014 02:02

you mean you don't want the objects on other people's layouts to send data and just receive it right?'
If I was right in that interpretation, then: would they ever send data from those objects? and if not, then you could just disable the variable.
I'm not sure what exactly you are doing though.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 10 Dec 2014 02:30

Hi
An easy workaround would be to put an empty Canvas object over the top , and set to a touch mode . .
If you want to allow editing then just change th Touch mode to No Touch, which will allow touches to the lower object.

Hope that helps solve the problem..
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

cloud_canvas

Post by cloud_canvas » 10 Dec 2014 16:22

ndivuyo wrote:you mean you don't want the objects on other people's layouts to send data and just receive it right?'
If I was right in that interpretation, then: would they ever send data from those objects? and if not, then you could just disable the variable.
I'm not sure what exactly you are doing though.
No, I mean that elsewhere in the network, messages are being multicast to Lemur's port 8000 on 1 or more devices running Lemur, and they're all getting updated. No Lemur device would be sending any OSC values, nor could they be updated by the user directly touching any of the widgets. Basically, they turn into a quick-turnaround iOS/Android data visualizer with no user input.
Macciza wrote:Hi
An easy workaround would be to put an empty Canvas object over the top , and set to a touch mode . .
If you want to allow editing then just change th Touch mode to No Touch, which will allow touches to the lower object.

Hope that helps solve the problem..
Good idea, I'll do that for now. Thanks!

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 10 Dec 2014 21:26

Ahh I see, so not only do you not want to send OSC and just receive it, but you don't want them to be able to even move the objects. Scripts are another solution, but Macciza's is obviously the quickest and least costly. Also, depending on what you need to visualize, you could do a no touch canvas drawing of sliders that respond to variables receiving OSC.