Persistent storage for user settings

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
PlasmaBubble
Persistent storage for user settings

Post by PlasmaBubble » 13 Oct 2014 14:21

The ability to save / restore a value between sessions (like midi channel, last selected patch, user defined velocity, ...etc ).

My proposal:
Add two built-in functions called save( name, value ) and restore( name, default ) wich returns the saved value (or the default value if the name is not found).

So for example I can display some user setting page to let him select Midi channel.
When the selected value changes it calls a script like " save( 'channel', faderChannel.x ); "
And some Initialization script contains : " faderChannel.x = restore( 'channel', 0 ); "

I know that with the In App editor a user can modify constants but I find it a bit awkward and it won't work for selections made while using the app (or I did not find how :oops: ).
(Current project is Nord Drum 2 Template with sysex feedback)

Softcore
Regular

Re: Persistent storage for user settings

Post by Softcore » 14 Oct 2014 08:39

+ 1 to this! particularly since we can store "presets" in vectors, it would be perfect to NOT have to "jump" into "app editor" mode to save those "presets" for further usage - always as "end users".

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 14 Oct 2014 12:30

you can save the template with a unique name ... all variable values are stored.

Edit: hey, this is not true. Strange, I thought I had saved expression values on the iPad, with different values for each unique template name.

Edit2: ah, now I got it. You can save variables in a template! Not directly, but you can write the variable values to hidden objects, and recall those values (write them back to the expressions/strings) "on load".
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

jeremyz

Post by jeremyz » 13 May 2015 03:58

Resurrecting this thread. Has there been any progress on this? Great idea.
-j