Aesthetic Consideration

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
ZenLizard
Aesthetic Consideration

Post by ZenLizard » 20 Mar 2014 04:11

Purely from a graphic designer's point of view, it would be nice if the background color could be any color, and if the container object could be filled with a cutom color, as opposed to just the outline.

I understand that the canvas object can be designed with colors, shading, and gradients, but not every customer is going to get into the coding that deeply. In fact, I'll bet most won't.
I am a real person... not a bot.

I own some instruments and some gear.
I live in a cactus.

Hope that helps ;)

Softcore
Regular

Re: Aesthetic Consideration

Post by Softcore » 20 Mar 2014 09:54

A nice feature of the canvas, which may NOT be immediately apparent to some, is that when it is "set" to "no-touch" it is transparent to "touches" so you can essentially overlay it above other "touchable" objects and still be accesible to "touches"....this makes it even more useable in terms of graphics/UI design.

At the end, I think its easy enough to use it for simple graphics design which do not require animation and its worth the hassle learning its basics and Im quite sure in the near future, it will serve as a "utility" maker for other objects - for example, how about making a "canvas color picker" that will be used as a tool to select colors with it and get the resulting Lemur (R,G,B) values?

;)

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 20 Mar 2014 10:39

it is also possible to use a Pads or Switches object as a background. Make it a bit bigger than the container, and adjust the colours so that they are the same in both on/off states. Make the container transparent, and you have a perfect rectangle background. Combine several of them with different colours to create straight lines, etc. But this all has become obsolete with the Canvas object where you can do these graphic elements much easier.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

ZenLizard

Post by ZenLizard » 21 Mar 2014 02:38

Huh... I made myself a little color chooser template with a three segment MultiSlider and three monitors to show the RGB values of any given color. I didn't think anyone else would care about it so I haven't posted it anywhere.

I've also used blank text objects to to partially cover screen elements, but hadn't thought of using custom buttons that way. As I'm new to Lemur and scripting, there is a long list of things I'm trying to learn. I thought the canvas would be the easiest because it's the one type of coding I am familiar with. Mostly it's the syntax that trips me up, because the concepts and math seem pretty straight forward.

:D
I am a real person... not a bot.

I own some instruments and some gear.
I live in a cactus.

Hope that helps ;)