Graphics...

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
djenzyme
Graphics...

Post by djenzyme » 06 Feb 2014 15:18

Ok so I'm really new to Lemur, one thing i can't help but notice, is that the graphics are starting to look a bit dated. It is 2014 after all. I understand that Lemur was a designed for a much larger control surface, and i think most of the graphics reflect that.

How about an overhaul of the graphics for 2014?? In particular, i think some of the knobs and faders look a little primitive.

I know its all about how well it performs, Lemur seems to be more powerful than TouchOSC, but on the interface side of things, TouchOSC looks a bit better.

Is it possible to actually change the graphics via skinning? Or does each module actually look that way regardless?

Softcore
Regular

Re: Graphics...

Post by Softcore » 06 Feb 2014 16:06

Actually, the surface it was designed for was smaller lol (smaller resolution)

I really dig the looks of the controls to be sincere, but I wouldnt say no to some way of being able to add colorful elements of our choise, like circles, rectangles, etc etc jsut to spice up our templates visually....

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 06 Feb 2014 18:16

In case you haven't noticed, there are 4 different skins available. (Classic, Flat, Pixel, Shaded)

You can select these in the Lemur Settings page (acceddible with the top-right button / More Settings...) or in the Lemur Editor config menu (top-right corner button)

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 07 Feb 2014 00:59

I kind of like the high contrast minimal asthetic. :(

djenzyme

Post by djenzyme » 13 Feb 2014 13:38

Yeah actually now that I've had a play around with some different templates, its grown on me.

The only let down is the faders in the LiveControl 2 template, they look awful with the squares superimposed on them. I assumed that ALL faders would look like this but it seems that it is just this template.

Is there a way for me to change them to the normal faders, or is that a big job?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 Feb 2014 13:55

Ah hear ya! Thats a bi-product of the LEDs super imposed on the faders...Dunno if deleting them might "break" smthing in the scripts - possibly will though

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 17 Feb 2014 08:09

Just a quick comment re graphics...

It is possible to create some very different looking objects and functions through encapsulating stuff in containers...
There are a few of these things in the modules section and scattered through various projects..

It may take a bit more work but can given that custom look....
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]