Multiball_boundary_Triggers

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Bhang
Multiball_boundary_Triggers

Post by Bhang » 29 Jul 2013 04:15

I think it would be really bad ass if you could designate areas of the boundary to trigger things when hit by a ball. To make it even more useful I would add the ability to quantize the triggers to note values. As a ball bounces around you could have it trigger sounds in time or turn things on/off. Maybe even allow for a value to be entered based on how hard the boundary trigger is hit. A sort of velocity.

Softcore
Regular

Re: Multiball_boundary_Triggers

Post by Softcore » 30 Jul 2013 09:03

if (x=0) in a script of a multiball will trigger a scripted event (for example ctlout(target, cc number, value, channel) ) when the ball hits the left-vertical boundary.
if (x=1) in a script of a multiball will trigger a scripted event when the ball hits the right-vertical boundary.
if (y=0) in a script of a multiball will trigger a scripted event when the ball hits the bottom boundary.
if (y=1) in a script of a multiball will trigger a scripted event when the ball hits the top boundary.

That said, I have tried in the past to use the above idea to make a "bouncing balls sequencer" - making the multiball balls bounce with physics based on iPad's tilting, but I found out that most of the times the script wouldnt be "fast enough" to "catch" the moment when the ball touches the boundary (the moment when it bounces). I even tried by broadening up the criteria

i.e

if (y<=0.0001)

but still, wasnt working as I expected.