Movable containers in active template

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Joe Soap
Regular
Re: Movable containers in active template

Post by Joe Soap » 24 Mar 2013 20:56

Yep, sorry. I didn't initialise the position of the thing - just (hopefully) the colours, so it's not a blank container on load. Futzing with that side of it should be fun though - can you say feature-creep? :D

Thanks for the kind words guys - have had the basic mechanics of this for ages but didn't post it (or any swipe-to-scroll stuff) before because I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ballistics / metrics . . . but now I've played with it a bit more I wish I had - 'cause it's not too bad really.

Any elegance in the code is down to Softcore and Macciza I assure you - my own code was a wee bit clunkier up until about three or four weeks ago when the guys posted a couple of things in the Modules section that tied my own dabblings together much more concisely and efficiently.

tput73

Post by tput73 » 24 Mar 2013 21:54

One now question on the movable containers
How do I alter the code so the button to
open/close can be in a different corner?

This would allow more diverse placement
T

Ps anyone using traktor that would
like to fiddle with/improve/have fun
with my template lemme know

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 24 Mar 2013 22:11

What button to open / close?

You mean the size-toggle?

Place it anywhere you like, it's not constrained by any code so much as it's dictated by how the container naturally resizes (downward / rightmost) - so that's the convenient location.

This is just a small demo of the draggable feature - play with the 'rect' stuff a bit to see what's possible.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 24 Mar 2013 23:51

Hey Joe (Where you goin' with that Lemur on your pad);-}
Nice work, thanks for the kind words and © CC . . . well done . . .

Can't remember where it is exactly in the User Lib but see if you have a 'Move-and-Resize.jzml' on your computer
It has some interesting stuff for dealing with resizing/moving stuff that is worth checking out
Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 25 Mar 2013 00:09

Cheers fella. :)

Haven't seen the Move & Resize one - at least I don't think I have. It possible I looked at it ages ago and didn't understand a bloody thing lol, pretty much all of what I've learned about manipulating the size and position of objects I've teased out through experiment.

Gonna go take a looksee at that template now (or again!) to see if I know it all or still have a bit to learn. Ahhhh . . . ambivalence and hubris, my constant companions!

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 25 Mar 2013 00:14

Move-and-size.jzml. Great stuff, one of those pearls I have for more than a year on my HD and never saw what it is. Love this bounce effect when you hit certain buttons. I wanted to do that but never had a clue how to make.

Thank you for the tip.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 25 Mar 2013 02:08

I had that on the HDD alright from back when I first went on a binge trying to get info on animation but ya know? I've not looked at it at all for working on this stuff. The scripting in that template was far above my ken when I tried to work from it - my route was built from the ground up from the scrolling feature in the FM8 template in the Lib.

Which, as I later discovered is the texboook example from the manual. The manual, BTW, is just about the last place I ever look for anything, EVAR. I do eventually take a shufty tho' . . . just sayin'. :mrgreen:

Some nifty stuff there for sure, I can see straight off the bat it does a couple of things that were giving me a headache, specifically the one-shot animations. I'm gonna blow my own trumpet a bit here and say I think my basic "move stuff" code is a slight improvement on what I've seen before in how it behaves in the X/Y articulation. Basically, it's glitch-free and fully decoupled.

The crazy thing is - I would bloody swear to it that I got the idea (for fully working X/Y) from either Phil or Macciza in some long-buried discussion about the subject.

Circles. Links.

If I could code I'd be dangerous.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 25 Mar 2013 02:14

Also check to see if you have the 'Animation Examples' - Which has the bounce pads . . .
Keep meaning to use it myself or perhaps should do a CC'd module of it . .
Lots and lots of resources available - but yeah it does take time and effort to go through them all . ..
And then to try and remember them all or where they are . . .
And yeah it all kind of 'Comes around, goes around' lots is just standard 'I wish I could . . .' that we all ponder . . .

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 25 Mar 2013 03:25

Geat stuff, thanks for drawing my attention to that one - another piece of a related puzzle solved.

I cannot math! Whomever said code was like poetry is full of shi*t . . . it's full of bloody mathematics, and arithmetic! :roll:

Anyway, more grammar to play with.

Are draggable modules Free Verse?

Have I been without sleep for far too long again?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 25 Mar 2013 22:52

Nice one Joe! Just had some time to play with it.....And yeah true that.....its full of maths...

But maths are poetry for some too ya know! ;)