auto assign midi

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
doublebee
auto assign midi

Post by doublebee » 22 Mar 2013 06:34

I really wish that lemur had a option to automatically assign midi # to new objects. I just find it tedious having to select each object and manually enter the controller and channel #.

It would be nice if there was an option to turn on 'auto assign' and then every new object dragged into the viewer would be assigned to the next available midi control #. ex: cc1, cc2, cc3, ect. It would be nice if there was a drag-down menu as well, so you could select the midi channel. This way you could organize up your interfaces by channels and every new object would be assigned channel 2 cc1, ect.

I can think of some occasions when it would be inconvenient to have an auto-assign function which is why I think it should be an option you can turn on and off... but it would seriously save a lot of man hours.

If there is already a was to do this or if I haven't made myself clear please let me know!

Softcore
Regular

Re: auto assign midi

Post by Softcore » 22 Mar 2013 07:16

Settings -> Lemur - Automap can help with midi target and type of midi message....I believe, then, each new object added gets the next CC controller not used (if Control Change type is chosen for example)....

Another thing, not obvious to beginners is about the targets.....When creating a template its best to have ALL objects mapped to parent target. Then, changing only one or two targets in the first level of hierarchy will make the rest of the objects "follow" this setting.

;)

doublebee

Re: auto assign midi

Post by doublebee » 22 Mar 2013 18:30

Haha! Thanks I should have know someone else had worked this out! That's exactly what I was thinking :)