Ability to rename scripts and expressions

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
brianc
Regular
Ability to rename scripts and expressions

Post by brianc » 08 Dec 2012 19:29

Unless I'm missing something (quite possible), scripts and expressions can't be renamed in the editor. This would be a very welcome addition.

Traxus
Regular

Re: Ability to rename scripts and expressions

Post by Traxus » 18 Dec 2012 23:33

Agreed, this is pretty annoying.

oran-outan

Post by oran-outan » 03 Jan 2013 13:18

+ 1

dBlicious

Post by dBlicious » 14 Jan 2013 09:12

This, plus automatically update references to the changes throughout the project. Kind of like a global find/replace.

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 14 Jan 2013 18:34

dBlicious wrote:This, plus automatically update references to the changes throughout the project. Kind of like a global find/replace.
\

Agreed this would be awesome but I've been fooling a bit with the raw jzml files latley (its basically an xml), and I have to say that request is easier said than done...

say we've got an expression, fade=1
then we've got an expression, fadeOut=4

and we want to rename fade to fooBar...
some hefty regex work (hefty for me atleast becuase I hate/am terrible with regex) has to be done to prevent fadeOut from becoming fooBarOut...

macay

Post by macay » 10 Feb 2013 11:04

+1

dBlicious

Post by dBlicious » 13 Feb 2013 20:47

Traxus wrote: say we've got an expression, fade=1

some hefty regex work (hefty for me atleast becuase I hate/am terrible with regex) has to be done to prevent fadeOut from becoming fooBarOut...
It's actually not too bad, you just have to make sure the next character after your search string is a non-word character. I had to do a bunch of regex for a project so I learned a lot more than I ever wanted to :lol:

Rolix

Post by Rolix » 20 Mar 2013 11:36

Traxus wrote:
dBlicious wrote:This, plus automatically update references to the changes throughout the project. Kind of like a global find/replace.
\

Agreed this would be awesome but I've been fooling a bit with the raw jzml files latley (its basically an xml), and I have to say that request is easier said than done...

say we've got an expression, fade=1

I do this with the Lemur XML-files in Notepad++, in this case it's a simple search/replace with the "only whole word" option checked. I agree there may be cases where a search item is not unique, if this is the case the automic reference update could simply exit or provide a dialog to choose a unique item.

Most of the modern development editors do have that kind of refactoring feature, it's a great time saver.

SveinnIngi

Post by SveinnIngi » 19 May 2016 17:13

+1 on the ability to rename scripts and expressions ;)

It's quite annoying to copy the whole code, paste it into a new script and delete the old one if you want to rename, or is there maybe another way?