Port to windows 8?

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Macciza
Regular
Re: Port to windows 8?

Post by Macciza » 10 Feb 2013 05:48

HI
Used the iPhone all the time, while using plugin-related templates on the iPads.
Along this line of thought I am looking at getting an iPad Mini to run as a part of a system
I can see the main interface on the iPad and additional controls/plug-in stuff coming up 'automagically' on the Mini . .
With physical controller as well ( not sure which-QuNeo/Livid/Custom) I think that covers a lot of bases . .
Ultimately I think I prefer the idea of a custom multitouch setup rather than multi touching generic apps (not designed for multitouch)
Have given some thought to the iPad being projected into a multitouch screen which then communicates back to Lemur via OSC (patent pending;~}
Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

matigrob

Post by matigrob » 27 Mar 2013 17:22

Hi!

I created a page about touch screen applications at http://www.livelooping.org/tools/control-apps/
Lemur is on top of the list :-)
and added some information I found here (thank you phil999 !)

anyone is welcome to submit opinions or reviews to our site (since I only tested some of the apps...)

and sure: we all want Lemur to work on the "serious" touch computers ! (tabletPCs have been around for 10 years, right?)

thank you
Matthias
http://matthiasgrob.org

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 27 Mar 2013 21:04

Hi Matthias.

You could add that Lemur also has an Editor for Windows and OS X.

We can understand why anyone might want to omit that, believe us! But still - just as things are presented on the site currently, it gives the impression that Touch OSC has these while Lemur does not.

Cheers fella :).

matigrob

Post by matigrob » 28 Mar 2013 16:39

you are right Joe, I just added that. I see its quite difficult to list each app properties without overloading and getting boring. maybe we have to switch to a table eventually...
thank you!
Matthias

findingthesound

Post by findingthesound » 16 May 2013 17:18

Hi, I'm actually working on a setup with emulator pro and a 32" dual view touch screen, but this software isn't finish on the ableton side. It seems more suited to traktor.
I'm really in need of the Lemur for my live show and production tasks.
I tried some other softs but really it's raging to see lemur running on tiny ipad screen, with all the perfect control et bidirectionnal communication, a not being able to use it with my beautiful dual view screen for live show to let peoples see what I'm actually doing.

The question shouldn't be if it'll be release for windows 8 and OSX, but WHEN?

WIth the team of great devs you've got and the heart of the soft already in osx/windows, it should be really more than easy.
I would buy it instantly even at a greater price than your ios app.

Ipad was only a first step in the new generation of controlerism based music show/live.

findingthesound

Post by findingthesound » 16 May 2013 18:08

Just a question:
Is there a TUIO input in lemur editor?
That and "freeze project" button + full screen mode and here it is?
Or may I missed something?

findingthesound

Post by findingthesound » 04 Jun 2013 15:22

Any news about those ideas of porting to windows and osx?