Port to windows 8?

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
rod_zero
Port to windows 8?

Post by rod_zero » 24 Oct 2012 15:05

So, with windows tablets coming very soon are there any plans to port the aplication to be used on windows?

rod_zero

Re: Port to windows 8?

Post by rod_zero » 05 Nov 2012 22:32

Any news on this?

guys please do it, imagine running lemur in a 21 inch touchscreen :)

It would be sat that people start using emulators for doing it.

MisterPickle

Post by MisterPickle » 18 Nov 2012 20:31

I'm new here, but look for the thread titled "Windows 8 Support". It sounds like Win8 support is in beta.

I'm really looking forward to this -- I will probably buy a dedicated Win8 touchscreen computer simply to use as a MIDI / OSC controller.

Mr P

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 19 Nov 2012 04:44

Hi all
The windows 8 support is for the Editor and Daemon ,
Remember that windows 8 is not the same as the tablets RT version . .
I believe feasibility of porting to Android and/or windows RT ie for Tablets, is being looked into . .
I don't think they are planning a version of the Lemur ap to run on windows itself . . .
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

MisterPickle

Post by MisterPickle » 19 Nov 2012 15:16

Beats me why Liine wouldn't want to investigate porting Lemur to Windows 8 (and I am by no means any kind Of MS fanboy). There's all kinds of neat stuff you could do on a large multi-touch display ... Is there anyone here who has not seen Jordan Rudess demoing his apps on a 27" Win8 display?

Mr P

rod_zero

Post by rod_zero » 30 Nov 2012 19:27

MisterPickle wrote:Beats me why Liine wouldn't want to investigate porting Lemur to Windows 8 (and I am by no means any kind Of MS fanboy). There's all kinds of neat stuff you could do on a large multi-touch display ... Is there anyone here who has not seen Jordan Rudess demoing his apps on a 27" Win8 display?

Mr P
This exactly, there are new multiouch screen in which using Lemur would be a pleassure for sure.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 30 Nov 2012 21:29

have a look at Emulator, a multitouch software. I almost bought it when it was reduced to $99. There were other similar softwares announced, but surprisingly not further developed. There are also open source softwares like PyMT and Surface Editor. I tested Surface Editor successfully, with bi-directional control (MIDI only).
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Zee

Post by Zee » 09 Feb 2013 01:51

Not only Windows 8 or windows 7, is a future step in control devices and touch screens.... Liine actually is in the top list with Lemur app, easy and powerfull, but Ipad screen is very small, im searching now for similar application in windows that can run in an LCD touchscreens to control Cubase with faders, buttons, Keystokes, everything that is capable lemur, because ipad is very small to get organized with large templates and wifi is not the best in all "scenarios".

put lemur in a 22" touch screen in front of you communicating with other devices on ethernet and use the ipad+Lemur when need mobility will be fantastic.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 09 Feb 2013 03:17

Macciza dude - you should tell the Liine guys that porting to Windows RT will be met with derision and laughter. :D

That's possibly the most "are they on CRACK???" idea I've ever heard lol!

Liine Dude A:
"Hey everybody, the peons are complaining about the crap hardware platform we chose for our software"

Liine Dude B:
"Hahahaha! They thought THAT was crap??? :D"

In Other News . . . you can build your own touchscreen controllers using Max*. Compatable with Windows and OS X last I looked.

* Physics!

The hilarious thing is the bloody codebase is sitting there ALREADY PORTED to Win / OS X.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 09 Feb 2013 03:34

there is also ctrlr, open source. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks solid, with parameter feedback and bitmap design. MIDI only I think. Also, Usine can be used as a touch-screen OSC/MIDI controller. Haven't tried it either. And I guess with the now appearing W8 touchscreen laptops there is finally a market for software similar to Lemur.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro