Lemur Daemon for Linux?

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
pngaudioguy
Lemur Daemon for Linux?

Post by pngaudioguy » 09 Sep 2012 19:13

As a full time live audio engineer, I've been enjoying the flexibility that Lemur gives me to access things remotely at a venue. However, I'm always concerned that my remote access is dependent on my PC. Now, I've got Linux systems that have been up and stable for as many days as the power stayed on for and I just can't bring myself to trust my Windows PC to do the same, nor justify spending ridiculous Apple pricing on something I use on occasion. I realize there are various limitations to getting the editor ported to Linux, but what I'm wondering is how come the Daemon requires DirectX? Would there be a way to get even just the daemon ported to linux? With the current status of audio and midi device support in Linux, I for one would be thrilled to see the daemon available for my primary boot partition...

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Lemur Daemon for Linux?

Post by axel_liine » 10 Sep 2012 16:20

Hi,
There are currently no plans to release the Daemon and Editor apps on Linux systems. However the Lemur can communicate with any OSC-compatible apps running on a Linux system.

pngaudioguy

Re: Lemur Daemon for Linux?

Post by pngaudioguy » 07 Oct 2012 20:47

Axel,

Thanks for the response. I've had a busy month and didn't get to check back in sooner. Are you indicating that the Lemur app for iPad can also communicate with Linux OSC applications, or specifically the Lemur hardware device? I'll have to research more to figure out how to use that knowledge for my application of controlling a Yamaha console from the iPad app.