More precise fader control (Auto-zoom feature)

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Tim
More precise fader control (Auto-zoom feature)

Post by Tim » 03 Jul 2012 12:41

Edit: changed the topic title a bit,

So it would be a nice feature to have an an additional expression variable for the fader similar to the z expression but one that will only be activated when you touch the lane of the fader and not the cap itself.

Original Message:
Would it be possible to implement a function that when a fader's behaviour is set to "cap only" that you can slide on the rest of the fader to really finetune the position of the cap? (Set a rough value by sliding the fader cap and then get to your target value by sliding up or down below or above the cap where for example you have to slide 4 or 8 times as far to get to a value as opposed to sliding the cap directly)

I hope the above description makes sense.

That would be really handy when trying to get to an exact value, especially with shorter faders.

Thanks
Last edited by Tim on 04 Jul 2012 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

Macciza
Regular

Re: More precise fader control

Post by Macciza » 03 Jul 2012 15:29

Hi
Have you checked out the 'zoom' attribute?
Use that with visible values for exact control.
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Tim

Post by Tim » 03 Jul 2012 15:33

Macciza wrote:Hi
Have you checked out the 'zoom' attribute?
Use that with visible values for exact control.
Cheers
MM
Thanks, I'm going to check that one out!

Tim

Post by Tim » 03 Jul 2012 16:06

Ok, that's a nice solution, but you need to toggle between the zoomed in and out view with a button, with my feature request you won't have to toggle and can just touch the fader at a different point, it would make for a better workflow in my opinion.

Edit: Or maybe it might be possible with scripting to make touching everything but the cap trigger the zoom attribute automatically... Gonna try if that would be possible...

lABl
Lemur Guru

Post by lABl » 03 Jul 2012 17:36

Hi Tim,

Yes, you could try with script, I made a small example.

Use the variable zoomVal for the value you want, also you can use a fader or knob for that too.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
AB
Attachments
Autozoom Fader.jzlib
(2.2KiB)Downloaded 151 times

Tim

Post by Tim » 03 Jul 2012 17:47

lAntonioBlancal wrote:Hi Tim,

Yes, you could try with script, I made a small example.

Use the variable zoomVal for the value you want, also you can use a fader or knob for that too.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
AB
Thanks for the example! It would be cool though that if you touch the cap it stays in it's normal zoom level/resolution and only when you slide on the lane (and not the cap) it will zoom in to a finer resolution.

But I don't think that it's possible. I think I will just go with a button which will zoom in all the faders momentarily then.

lABl
Lemur Guru

Post by lABl » 03 Jul 2012 17:51

Hi Tim,

Ah I see, so button seems better option I think.

Maybe one idea though, would be using two buttons one in toggle and other in pad, so for quick settings you can use the pad one.

Cheers,
AB

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 04 Jul 2012 06:31

this zoom attribute is great. I wasn't aware of that. That expands the possibilities of Fader objects.

Thanks.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Re: More precise fader control (Auto-zoom feature)

Post by Macciza » 04 Jul 2012 15:47

Hi All

I guess if you change the cursor the mode you could use a pad that tracks to the cap . . .
That would achieve it I guess if someone wants to code something up . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Tim

Re: More precise fader control (Auto-zoom feature)

Post by Tim » 04 Jul 2012 17:54

Macciza wrote:Hi All

I guess if you change the cursor the mode you could use a pad that tracks to the cap . . .
That would achieve it I guess if someone wants to code something up . . .

Cheers
MM
I'm not really a scripting Guru, but I'm going to try if I can come up with something useful!

I'll report back when I'm on to something.