Kapture M4L Wishlist

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
Ben M
Kapture M4L Wishlist

Post by Ben M » 21 Jun 2012 12:30

Firstly I just wanted to say that this is an absolutely amazing plug in. I've bought the kapture pad app for iOS too. Really you guys are delivering some of the things that are no doubt heavy feats of engineering but so obviously needed to really push what's possible with control.

My scenario is I play in an electronic band. We run out live show through Ableton. We've been trying to make our sets more mixed like DJ sets but changing between songs there's a lot of settings to cover. Hence the Kapture software, how genius right? However after playing with Kapture Pad I had to decide that keeping an iOS device on stage, dealing with wireless networks and all that other bits n pieces just for switching between song settings wasn't feasible. But the M4L plug in is still a great idea, yet there's a piece or two missing that I'd really like to see;

- MIDI mappable kapture selection.
Presently only the kapture and delete buttons are mappable. Seeing as selection happens in a drop down menu. I know this would no doubt be difficult to accomidate in the space but I beleive in you smart folks!
- In addition to that or as an alternative stop gap could be "next" "previous" buttons that are MIDI mappable. It would force you to stick to a certain order but if you could re-arrange things earlier that day in some manner, going on stage with a set list isn't the worst thing in the world.
- Finally the obvious ask is the wonderful morphing features of the iOS app in the M4L plug in. Or even in an accompanying plug in or something?

Wonderful stuff, keep it up. I have my plans to get an iPad later in the year and it's largely thanks to you guys. I want to start playing with your apps!