Lemur on Android

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
lemurlover2013
Re: Lemur on Android

Post by lemurlover2013 » 15 Apr 2013 03:25

If the iPad would support TouchCo type technology instead of your typical 2D touch-pad style interaction with finger/stylus etc then frankly I wouldn't be too concerned about Android devices.

However, there are some very decent Android devices, namely Samsung quadcores which are very good, including their super colourful AMOLED screens. These machines are very quick, and would easily stand up to an iPad any day of the week. Once you get 1920 x 1080 pixel density in a 10" device there should be no reason why Lemur can't be used properly on Android.

Some Android devices, UNLIKE the iPad, actually have the appropriate functionality to support pressure sensitivity. In other words, you'll be able to allow the controls on your Lemur layout to support pressure - which would give you channel pressure (channel aftertouch) and if you want even polyphonic pressure (polyphonic aftertouch) for things like pads.

This would transform something that I otherwise just couldn't be bothered with, into something that would really make my life as a musician a whole heck of a lot easier. Imagine an iPad with full pressure sensitivity. Well, what can I say? Goodbye MIDI controller keyboards, that's for sure, and even goodbye to QuNeo, Ableton Push etc, I won't be needing you anymore, see you later.

As it stands, Lemur is great as a DJ controller and is fine for some musical purposes (such as for playing VST woodwind and brass instruments since those rely on parameters not related to key pressure), but for many musical purposes (ie. playing piano and some synth parts and even emulating string instrument playing, etc) I'd really like to see pressure sensitivity and channel/key aftertouch and velocity implemented properly, as it stands that is not the case...Until that extremely simple yet extremely important feature is exposed and enabled it's just not for me.

It's the ONE thing that stops me dead in my tracks. Pressure sensitivity!!!

somethingnew

Re: Lemur on Android

Post by somethingnew » 26 Jun 2013 02:02

+1 another vote for Lemur on Android
Would love to see it working on my Sony Xperia Z tablet !!