Lemur on Android

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
zengel
Regular
Re: Lemur on Android

Post by zengel » 26 Apr 2012 11:32

hello
all tablets already run ics, then yes my sugestions are about ics.
contrary to what you say all google tab are build on the same android ics code there is no issue at all.
there is no "hack" to . contrary to ios ,android is open source and no one need to hack what ever. people like XDA developpers don't hack anything they uses full google code to build roms.
there is no need to support build roms (that are 0,1% of android users) cause build roms are fully ics roms.

concerning the resolution . i don't think it could be a hard problem to solve.

future will tell us , cause i'm not agree with you. and i'm confident cause ics is an stable, efficient os. google play is really userfriendly, and overall performance are here with google android ics.
i'm just asking myself "when!"

then liine. could you answer my question?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 26 Apr 2012 14:52

Hi
All tablets do not currently run ICS officially or even unofficially.
There is more to it then just ICS source code - HAL, window managers,surface managers etc etc
They are 'hacks' - even XDA calls them 'hacks' - it is not official Samsung or whoever code . . .
Has Samsung released ICS for GT7 yet as they have for some of there more recent devices?
Or do you have to use a 'modded' ie'hacked' ROM? Often one that is incomplete in its functionality . . .

Resolution is an issue across the board - at both hardware and software level for various reasons.
And then to have to try to convert between 10 different screen sizes for projects on top of that . . .
And then distribution via the numerous different Android markets to further complicate things . . .
It is a far bigger 'can-of-worms' then you might think - I've witnessed people attempt to port stuff to Android . . .

Hopefully Liine will answer this question and put this idea to rest . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Post by axel_liine » 27 Apr 2012 14:44

zengel wrote: i'm just asking myself "when!"
then liine. could you answer my question?
We're definitely not ruling out ports of the Lemur to other platforms, but there is no date to be given at this time.

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 30 Apr 2012 11:56

YEEEEPPPAAAA !!! AND THE WINNER IS !!! ME!! and google and all android-lemur user and alllll android users. :@)
thanks liine, no date? really? 1 year? i can wait, but i'm so happy to hear that. then macciza the answer is here. it seems really complex for you , but really it is not as complex as you think.
see ya!

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 30 Apr 2012 11:58

that's a really good news!! let's make some happy-zic!

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 30 Apr 2012 13:20

Honestly,
This is just getting childish - It was never a 'competition' . . .
The issue of 'complexity' is not answered in his response.
I believeI have quite a good understanding of the issues involved.
I believe it is not as simple and straightforward as you seem to think

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 30 Apr 2012 15:10

wishful thinking, I suppose.

You know, in December 2011 I tried TouchOSC on a friend's iPad. I gave him 5 Francs to download and install it, I just wanted to know how it 'feels'. The next day I bought an iPad for myself, 16 GB, no 3G, just for TouchOSC only. At home, maybe a week later, I heard about the Lemur port to iOS. That was a tremendous surprise and opened an entire new world. But what I want to say is: I bought an iPad only for TouchOSC, only for controlling synths and DAW. The fact that you can get Lemur should easily justify a purchase of an iPad as well.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 05 May 2012 00:28

@macciza : i was not talking about you when i said "the winner is", i talked about the fact that i will have another lemur....just don't know when exactely ... let be serious, i'm not a child anymore.
i have seen something that could interest you. there is a stretcher between all the resolution from original lemur to ipad and iphone lemur made by liine to simplify porting :"http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1018" .
and finally what i wanted to say was . there are difficulties in everything, then you have two solutions, let them be forever or understand and solve them.
i suppose they allready solved the first difficulty that you talked about.
yes phill you are right , wishful thinking.
but i already have an android and i don't want ipad.and my drummer have an android to. then 2 more lemur on android with my original one. that will be just great.

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 05 May 2012 12:06

I would prefer the devs to spend time on core lemur features rather than wasting it on Android.
+1
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 08 May 2012 03:43

zengel wrote: audio latency is already not a problem
I read that the latest Galaxy Tab 10.1 has 200ms audio latency. Doesn't seem suitable for synth apps. I think Android would need some kind of ASIO technology to be on par with Apple's Core Audio. I think I stay with iPads (which are, by the way, my only Apple products. I'm a Windows user).
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro