Legacy Lemur Firmware Updates Donation Initiative.

Anything related with the original Lemur Hardware.
Mateus
Legacy Lemur Firmware Updates Donation Initiative.

Post by Mateus » 14 Dec 2011 11:33

Hi guys,

First of all - words cannot express how great it is to see Lemur being kept alive. Sterling job there.

Now, back to business :-P

I have read the disclaimer about no future compatibility guarantee with legacy hardware - that's fully understandable and fair.

My question is - seeing as you guys at Liine have the original Jazzmutant developers on board - how likely would you be to look at legacy firmware upgrades (say from the perspective of being able to use new objects on our hardware Lemurs) if the community here and at Jazzmutant forum kicked off a donation initiative to incentivise your efforts?

It would be great if you could let us know whether it is at all doable from a technical standpoint and how much funds would have to be generated for it to make commercial sense for you.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this subject.

Matt

Mateus

Re: Legacy Lemur Firmware Updates Donation Initiative.

Post by Mateus » 15 Dec 2011 12:17

http://forum.jazzmutant.com/viewtopic.php?p=15781#15781

Little enduser discussion we have going on at JM forum - if someone from Liine could comment that'd be great.

Cheers,

Matt

GV1

Re: Legacy Lemur Firmware Updates Donation Initiative.

Post by GV1 » 03 Jan 2012 19:38

All Liine need to do is release an update that allows developers to hook into an API on the Lemur so developers can create custom objects. That's all we need. Then, we can create our own objects, share them etc.

I would gladly pay $500 for an OS upgrade like this. It would be an amazing leap forward!