Legacy Lemur and iPad Lemur

Anything related with the original Lemur Hardware.
MBM
Regular
Legacy Lemur and iPad Lemur

Post by MBM » 11 Dec 2011 00:59

Hello, when I try to connect my Lemur (iPad) at same time that my Lemur (Legacy) I can´t. My Lemur Editor only lets me connect to one of them. Is it not possible? Somebody else with this problem?

Thanks and best regards!

Macciza
Regular

Re: Legacy Lemur and iPad Lemur

Post by Macciza » 11 Dec 2011 02:09

Hi
I don't think the editor would be able to talk to both at the same time due to port conflicts . .
But I can have the both connected and swap from one to the other using manual addressing when connecting to the Legacy Lemur
Hope that helps
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 11 Dec 2011 09:42

Ups, it was a mistake, I mean Lemur Daemon. I´ll try what you say, thank you very much.

Best regards.

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 11 Dec 2011 10:06

No way, I can´t... These are the steps I do:

- I connect my Legacy Lemur in Jazz Daemon (Static IP - 169.254.19.17 / NetMask - 255.255.0.0 / Gateway - 169.254.0.1 - Enable FTP - Enable MIDI Share)
- Then I create the ad-hoc connection with iPad without problems
- Open Lemur app in iPad
- In iPad app, in MIDI targets, in MIDI 0 it appears (also in "from" and "To": "iPhone - Lemur Out 0)
- At Lemur Daemon I can´t see the iPad
- When I turn off my Lemur Legacy everything works perfectly.

Could you help me? Thank you very much and best regards.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 11 Dec 2011 14:37

Hi
I think it may be an issue with where you have set the connections from, as I have had some issues but getting them sorted
I can certainly end up with both devices showing up in the daemon, though I would not say I have it completely sorted
If you set connections on the Lemur they are saved on it and attempt to re-connect when the device is connected, possibly overwriting what has been set in the Daemon.
So I think it a matter of making sure there are no conflicts in that regard. Also network settings may come in to play as well.

Sometimes I think I had to double click the legacy to access it even though it had no disclosure triangle, not sure . . .
Maybe try setting 4 ports from the Daemon to your iPad, and then for the second 4 ports set them from the Legacy Lemur.

Still getting my setup sorted and trying various options but it can be made to connect to both.
LDConnect.tiff
Daemon Connections
LDConnect.tiff (37.16KiB)Viewed 7631 times
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 12 Dec 2011 00:44

Thank you very much, but I can´t do it. I don´t know why, but the problem is always the same: if Jazz Daemon sees Legacy, don´t see iPad and viceversa.

By the way, I´m in a MB Pro with Lion. The iPad goes with iOS 5 and Legacy is with v2.0.3.

So if anybody can helps me, I´ll thank a lot. Anybody else with this problem?

Thank you very much, Macciza.

Best regards.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 12 Dec 2011 01:57

Hi
Are you using the Lemur Daemon to connect both?
You mention the Jazz Daemon first connecting to Lemur; and then the Lemur Daemon to the iPad? Typo?
I am using the new Lemur Daemon for both . . If you are trying to use both that's probably the problem.
Try starting Lemur connections to Lemur Daemon from Lemur, and then use Lemur Daemon to connect to iPad.
I'll boot up in Lion later and see if thats an issue, I'm generally using 10.6.8 for other software to work.
I suppose we could try a remote screen share / chat to try and sort it out if needed . . .

Cheers
MM

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 12 Dec 2011 22:42

Typo, yes, I´m sorry. I´m always working with Lemur Editor and Lemur Daemon. Let´s see if I can later copypaste my setup...

Thank you very much, Macciza.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 12 Dec 2011 22:52

Hi
Did you try the connections in the order and directions that I suggested?
MM

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 13 Dec 2011 01:42

I´m trying to connect to Daemon from Lemur (Legacy), but I can´t. It sees the Macbook Pro, but I can´t connect to it. From Lemur Daemon (in Macbook Pro) I can connect to Lemur Legacy, although...