Support / Discussion ??

Anything related with the original Lemur Hardware.
Macciza
Regular
Support / Discussion ??

Post by Macciza » 07 Dec 2011 07:09

High All

As a Legacy Lemur / Discontinued Dexter owner I am wondering what the situation is here . . .
Is this area meant for discussion only or will Liine be taking on 'support' for Legacy Lemurs?

It's great that compatibility has been carried over into the Lemur Editor.
But I am wondering whether any Lemur Firmware issues will be addressed . .

Cheers
MM
PS Figured I'd get the trifecta of first posts . . . :mrgreen:
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Monarc

Re: Support / Discussion ??

Post by Monarc » 10 Dec 2011 06:38

+ 1 :?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 13 Dec 2011 02:01

Hi All
Thanks Niick for clarifying the situation and thank for the compatibility available in the initial release.

It is understandable that there will be many improvements that simply will not be possible on hardware Lemurs without firmware upgrades and many more that simply would not be possible. And I whole support leverage the available platform to its fullest and see great possibilites with the iPad that are not immeadiately possible on a Lemur. Thats what technology is about . . .

I am able to run the legacy Jazz Editor and the iPad Lemur Editor and address both devices simultaneously which is great which at least ensures access to both units. I can always maintain separate libs for the machines . .

But with the Daemons it is a different story. I can only run one of them, which is generally how daemons work I know. I can however access both machines from the Lemur Daemon at the moment, but this compatibility obviously needs to maintained through further releases. An alternative solution would also be to make the daemons separate from the next release so they may both run together and directly address either iPad or Legacy unit.

The other issue/request is is the interchange of projects - already there are some issues with the Knob when transferring between platforms, which is understandable. Would it be possible to develop the Lemur Stretcher app to translate between platforms accurately with obvious caveats on functional impossibilities? That would be fantastic. Anything which would help iron out this process would be greatly appreciated particularly as improvements are made.

Again thanks for clarifying the Liine line on this, it makes sense given what I have seen from Stantum on this subject.
Equally appreciate what Liine is bringing to the Lemur and look forward to peaceful mutual co-habitation of the Lemur troupe. Hope it doesn't end badly . . . :cry: :cry:
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 16 Dec 2011 01:25

Macciza wrote:But with the Daemons it is a different story. I can only run one of them, which is generally how daemons work I know. I can however access both machines from the Lemur Daemon at the moment, but this compatibility obviously needs to maintained through further releases. An alternative solution would also be to make the daemons separate from the next release so they may both run together and directly address either iPad or Legacy unit.
+1000

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 18 Dec 2011 15:53

Hi guys,

The suggestion to keep backwards compatibility with the Lemur Daemon has been duly noted. As is the request to permit stretching from iPad resolution to Legacy resolution.

Thanks,
Nick