Request > Stretcher from iPad to Lemur legacy hardware

Anything related with the original Lemur Hardware.
Macciza
Regular
Re: Request > Stretcher from iPad to Lemur legacy hardware

Post by Macciza » 19 May 2012 15:20

Hi
There are something that it just can't do - like make objects smaller than minimum size , I suspect that may be the issue with the 'M,S' Buttons.
Not sure if font sizes are or should be scaled, so that is going to be difficult.

You will still have to do a bit of adjustment yourself. The fact of the matter is that not all projects will be able to be shrunk to fit on hardware Lemur
Particularly if it has been designed exclusively for the iPad (due to minimum sizes etc) unfortunately that is just how it is.
I know I had quite a time stretching the Monemur project to ipad because of it's heavy reliance on maths for some of the sizes etc.

I think it does its best inside the constraints that it has and we just need to do the rest if we want - I have a hardware Lemur as well.

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

mism

Post by mism » 19 May 2012 19:45

Thanks for the useful info Macciza, at least I feel some sort of recognition regarding this problem. ;)
There are something that it just can't do - like make objects smaller than minimum size , I suspect that may be the issue with the 'M,S' Buttons.
Not sure if font sizes are or should be scaled, so that is going to be difficult.
I noticed that too and it really is a bit of a pain to deal with, but I guess as much as we wish it would be improved, we have to deal with it somehow, as well as the
additional time for resizing things that are resizeable.
Meanwhile I bought an iPad 2 for good money, which makes things a bit more comfortable, but this "thin dang" is so small that I allways want to have stuff on my "real" lemur. :D

osha

Post by osha » 20 May 2012 00:22

mism wrote: It´s really painful not to use new creations such as the new AB Lemur Bundle for the original Lemur hardware. :(
Well I thought you were having a miserable day because of this and I couldn't understand as AB Lemur Bundle is not a problem, but I see this is from an earlier post of yours, so apologies. Clearly it's not perfect on many templates and perfect on some!

Imza

Post by Imza » 07 Sep 2012 22:36

That is happening simply because the template is too crowded for Legacy. The minimum dimensions of the buttons exceed the space that is provided when you change resolutions. This is a problem that you will unfortunately have to fix yourself.

Example:
iPad width is 1028, Legacy is 800
you have 10 buttons that can only go as small as 100x100, which fits fine on 1028, but when you try to shrink it to 800, it makes them overlap.
lightlabstl.com

scrubber
Regular

Post by scrubber » 21 Nov 2012 09:50

i find changin the rez then spreading the controls across two or more pages usually is a good startin point!