MBrane 1_1 template

Post your Lemur Projects.
Miguel Mendoza
MBrane 1_1 template

Post by Miguel Mendoza » 28 Jan 2012 09:46

Hello, this is the MBrane 1_1 template post. Please, feel free to report any bug, opinion or comment.

Thanks!
Mbrane.PNG
Mbrane.PNG (169.45KiB)Viewed 3150 times

I V O

Re: MBrane 1_1 template

Post by I V O » 04 Jan 2013 18:57

Great template! Thank you for that,I could not have done it.
I think i found a bug though..:)
It seems that second membrane (m2) pitch circle affects the m1 membrane of the hardware unit.
So both 'pitch circles' send to the same cc channnel. (hope i am clear)
Now I wanted to take this as an oppurtunity to set my first steps on template programming myself, but this template did not look lke any of the things i have learnedfrom the manual.
Do you use some special coding technique maybe?

b.t.w. what do you think of the mbrane? i wanted it for strange short sounds , not so óreganic'but to me it seems best in mimicing real drums?

thank you,hope your still on the board, and owning the mbrane.

kind regards, Ivo

i v 0

Post by i v 0 » 02 Mar 2013 12:12

Maybe somebody else from the forum can give me a hint about how to change above mentioned parameter, cause it seems the original creator of the patch is not on this forum anymore. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 03 Mar 2013 21:09

Okay, I was bored so I took a looksee.

The problem appears to be that the MIDI target, channel and CC values are set identically for both Pitch Rings.

M1 Pitch is as follows:

decl target=0;
decl MSBcc = 90, LSBcc = 91;
decl MSB, LSB;
decl chan = 1;
decl faderValue = floor(16383*x/128);
MSB = floor(x*2);
LSB = ceil(faderValue*2-MSB*127.5);
ctlout(target,MSBcc,MSB,chan);
ctlout(target,LSBcc,LSB,chan);

M2 Pitch:

decl target=0;
decl MSB, LSB;
decl chan = 1;
decl faderValue = floor(16383*x/128);
MSB = floor(x*2);
LSB = ceil(faderValue*2-MSB*127.5);
ctlout(target,MSBcc,MSB,chan);
ctlout(target,LSBcc,LSB,chan);

I don't know if you can address these parameters on different MIDI channels on the MBrane - if you can the easiest way to do so is just change this:

decl chan = 1;

. . . to a different channel in one of the scripts (and on the MBrane).

But I suspect you need to change these:

. . . instead, to whatever the correct MSB / LSB pairing is for the relevant doohickey on the MBrane..

i v 0

Post by i v 0 » 05 Mar 2013 12:49

Hi Joe Soap,
Thanks a lot for checking things out for me. You are right the ' decl MSBcc = 90, LSBcc = 91; ' need to be changed. If i could find where to do it I would have done it for some time now.
I am a newb. When i look at the midi box when standing on the certain parameter (Pitch M2) , I dont see these midi variables. When I press script button it asks me to create a new script, wich does not seem right to me. Can you please point me in the right direction of where the see and edit the script? I think it would kickstart me out of a blackspot and into understanding how to work Lemur editor.
Thank you for your time untill now,
a lot!

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 05 Mar 2013 16:05

Ah, I think I see where your confusion lies.

To locate and edit the script, you don't press the "Script" button - that's there to, as you discovered, create a new script.

You need to browse to the existing scripts in the treeview, click on them there - the script itself should then appear in the script editing pane - just go in there and change the LSB / MSB values of one of them to the actual values the MBrane expects.

Then, ctrl-shft-s to Save As, rename the thing to MBrane_CC_Fixed or whatever and you should be GTG.

i v 0

Post by i v 0 » 05 Mar 2013 20:37

Hi Joe,
thank you !
but, well, yes the tree view, I was, and am looking there.. so wich one to stand on to see the script??
They need to be changed in 94 and 95 bye the way, but I gladly do it myself but I am really missing something. grrr.
Offcourse i allready tried to go to mbrane in treeview and press script from there...
Maybe lemur 4 will save me. did not install it yet

M2 Pitch MSB
M2 Pitch LSB

i v 0

Post by i v 0 » 05 Mar 2013 20:48

Found it!!

...my script pane was partly hidden

Cool,
it s going to work now, yahoo!

Thanks for your help!!
guess i learned a lot just tackling this little show stopper