Templet for Moog LittlePhatty

Post your Lemur Projects.
Salt+Slug
Templet for Moog LittlePhatty

Post by Salt+Slug » 27 Jan 2012 05:07

So, hello everyone!
Im Adam, or Salt+Slug. Im new to the Lemur Community but I have been trying to find a way in for years. I first saw Lemur (& Dexter) at AES in SF a few years ago and was amazed, but price kept me away. Well thank you iPad... So I haven't had too much time with the editing software or the manuals but I am spending as much time as I can RTFM'ing well here is my first temple. It is an interface for Moog's LittlePhatty, and I believe it will work for SlimPhatty also. There are a few bugs in it, and maybe you guys can help set me straight. Its nothing special just basic controls but it freakin works and Im so stoked about it I made a video for youtube and plan on doing a lot more.
please any feedback that is positive and or helpful is greatly appreciated! :idea:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/176/
http://youtu.be/GO_fx2Zgu8s
L_LP_I.jpg
L_LP_I.jpg (46.58KiB)Viewed 4126 times
Moog LittlePhatty Stage2, Novation Ultranova, Live8 suite, NI Massive, NI FM8, Max/Msp, LaunchPad, APC-40, and a lot more

marino_liine
Regular

Re: Templet for Moog LittlePhatty

Post by marino_liine » 27 Jan 2012 12:16

Hi Adam,

Good job! I own the Slim Phatty I'll give your template a test run when I get home later tonight, I'll see if I can do some tweaks and polishing. Keep those videos coming, for the next one it would be awesome if you could somehow record the audio from the Moog.

Best regards,
Marino.

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 27 Jan 2012 15:44

Thanks for the quick feedback, as for recording the audio straight from the moog or DAW, I was givin a new Sony handycam for my brirthday last month and I have not figured out where the external audio input is or how it works yet, but I would say that for using the mic on the camera it worked ok, the video is just to get the point across. :)

Oh and the bugs I have come across are the mod wheel control (red fader on the bottom) and KB/ERG amounts (small multiball on filter page) none of these controls seem to respond. I did not include a pitch wheel control because pitch bend up is a different cc than pitch bend down and I just haven't figured out how to map the cc's to a bipolar mulislider
Moog LittlePhatty Stage2, Novation Ultranova, Live8 suite, NI Massive, NI FM8, Max/Msp, LaunchPad, APC-40, and a lot more

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 27 Jan 2012 23:01

I have been pondering the use of physics on x/y and maybe even on some of the faders? Maybe give it gyroscopic quality or turning grid on/off for x/y? I still have yet to make it to scripting yet but with a little help?

Also I have a question about feedback response, like if I go back and rock the real knobs on the moog how can I get those changes to refelect on Lemur, and possibly make it automatic like when changing presets on the moog the perameters change on Lemur also immediately?

Any feedback would be awesome!

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 30 Jan 2012 05:19

So I believe I have fixed the couple of issues with the mod slider and KB/ERG amounts. I'll post the updated in the morning, I just want to test it a little more first. I have also figured out my external audio issue with my camera so I will post another video with better audio.

On a side note can anyone help me with a script to use a switch object to change physics between interpolated and mass-spring? I want to add physics to the x/y for the mod, filter and KB/ERG Amounts (I know, I'm a noob)

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 30 Jan 2012 05:56

Hi

Having a look at how others do it often helps

AB ControLab is a good one to check out

Basically it comes down to setting attributes of objects

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 30 Jan 2012 23:03

The templet has been updated, Mod Wheel and KB/ERG amount X/Y fixed. added some physics controls. need some help cleaning it up, and suggestions about making it better! thanks

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » 02 Feb 2012 02:48

love to give this a shot for additional phatty control, i have an LE idid chuckle tho when i saw this i thought "it already has knobs" but the old "more is more better" came to mind. cheers great work!

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 02 Feb 2012 15:19

dlearyus wrote:love to give this a shot for additional phatty control, i have an LE idid chuckle tho when i saw this i thought "it already has knobs" but the old "more is more better" came to mind. cheers great work!

Did you happen to think about the fact that all perams for the filter are on one knob, same as the oscillator controls, the make more sense on an x/y, access more perameters at once, no more tracking one at a time. The temple also gives the ability to ranomize modulation over time

Thanks for the feedback hope you enjoy it

Salt+Slug

Post by Salt+Slug » 05 Feb 2012 17:37

So, I have been thinking, I want to add some switches that could turn on and off gyroscopic control of the multiball objects, though not exactly sure how to accomplish this, I am diging, and hopefully in the next update I'll have something working.

Anyone have ANY feedback at all? :|