DSI Tetra editor

Post your Lemur Projects.
dc_Sux
DSI Tetra editor

Post by dc_Sux » 21 Jan 2012 00:01

My interface for the Dave Smith Tetra is up on the user library now.

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/174/

hgt

Re: DSI Tetra editor

Post by hgt » 21 Jan 2012 22:21

working with mopho as well?

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 22 Jan 2012 17:16

Looking good on that one! You must have spent allot of time on it.
Thanks for sharing your work. :)

Since you have set the groundwork for NRPN modification on a modern Dave Smith Instrument,
it could be adapted with some work for the Mopho.
Not so much Mono Evolver because deep changes take sysEx from what I recall.

I'm almost ready to test NRPN with a DSI Mopho using a different method, but I don't have fancy envelope graphs like you setup. Storing all the possible NRPN operation names (osc pitch.. amp envelope attack.. ) and their command value in arrays is a big task, but much more so on Tetra!

At some point if the templates gain the ability to load values from files, then many synth parameters can sorted through neatly.

cheers!
Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

dc_Sux

Post by dc_Sux » 22 Jan 2012 20:56

Yes, it has taken me quite a while to program it, especially since I had no understanding of NRPNs or scripting when I started.

If the NRPN parameter numbers are the same for the Mopho as they are for the Tetra, I see no reason that it shouldn't work. I am guessing they are the same, as that would be how the Mopho Keyboard would control the Tetra if they were poly-chained.

Getting visual feedback is the next major hurdle. You would need to program a way to decompile the incoming Sysex messages. I would like to do it at some point, but I really don't have the knowledge, or the time at the moment.

Hope you find the template useful.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 22 Jan 2012 21:40

I haven't compared the Mopho to Tetra midi spec yet. It's worth considering.

The 'ultimate goal' for my project is to make something useful for DSI's Tempest when that MIDI spec is finished.

So for now I only have a Mopho to test DSI NRPN concepts with.

The feedback of values from instrument, that is a sysex thing right?

keep us posted!
-Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

profkojo

Post by profkojo » 24 Jan 2012 19:35

Here's the one I've been waiting for! Downloaded Lemur to try and run this template, but cant seem to get it to work. Can anybody help out? Cant seem to get Lemur to talk to my tetra at all. I've tried it wirelessly via the missing link and also tried direct midi from my alesis dock. I can get the touch osc keyboard to work, but not lemur. WOuld be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,

Kojo.

profkojo

Post by profkojo » 24 Jan 2012 23:18

Spent hours trying to get this working. Having no joy. Would love to know if anybody's got this working and if so, how?

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 25 Jan 2012 03:51

Hey guys, I don't have a Tetra but use other DSI products and read DC_Sux's code here.
You should probably have your Tetra on midi channel 1 (or all for testing),
and go into Global Mode in Tetra (see manual page 13),
and set "MIDI Parameter Receive" to [edit] ALL so Tetra gets both NRPN and CCs.
Try MIDI direct from iPad if possible..

let us know if those things work out!

-J
Last edited by analog604 on 25 Jan 2012 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

dc_Sux

Post by dc_Sux » 25 Jan 2012 13:07

Some of the controls are mapped to CC and some to NRPN, so you actually need to set the Midi parameter receive to ALL in the global settings. As analog604 said, make sure you are sending the lemur output to the correct midi channel.

Are you sending the midi through a DAW? I have done all of my testing over wifi with the lemur daemon input going to an external instrument track in ableton. I then route that midi to the tetra input.

What is your setup?
I know that some people at the DSI forum have had success with the driect midi connection with the Alesis I/O dock, might be worth asking them if you are still having trouble.

http://dsiforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1936

profkojo

Post by profkojo » 27 Jan 2012 11:31

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using an Alesis IO Dock and was using midi(out of the dock-in to the tetra).

I'm pretty sure I had everything set to ALL at some point. I'll try again in a bit.

What exactly should my settings be in this configuration?