Loading Mu and other Ableton made template instructions

Post your Lemur Projects.
neobahamut01
Loading Mu and other Ableton made template instructions

Post by neobahamut01 » 03 Jan 2012 07:11

Would it be possible to receive video instructions on how to set up mu or other Ableton templates or maybe pictures showing prefrences. My mu host in ableton audio Clip is not recognizing ipad while Lemur Deamon is.

Cphas

Re: Loading Mu and other Ableton made template instructions

Post by Cphas » 04 Jan 2012 00:11

Mu is not set up in Live's preferences. All you need to do is drag the Mu Max for Live Device into the master track of your Live Set. Once that is done the device should automatically find your Lemur however it's a good idea to close lemur editor or at least stop lemur mirroring as this can interfere.

Stelvin

Post by Stelvin » 04 Jan 2012 20:51

Hey Cphas,

I've done exactly that for Live 8, and I can't get it to hold the connection with my Lemur. I.e. when you look at the daemon, the little white window below the "rescan" button is blank. I've tried manually entering the IP from my lemur into the box, but that doesn't work either. The only step in the instructions I can't complete is the firmware update, because I can't find it anywhere.

When I drop Mu onto my master channel, it recognizes the Lemur for about 1 second (the IP field populates for a moment), and then it reverts to the problem I just described. do you have any ideas for how to get past this? Hopefully, I just need to find that firmware. My friend is using the same version of live 8, and he actually has an older macbook pro than I. He has Lion while I have Leopard, and everything works fine for him, following the same instructions. i do not believe he updated his firmware.

thank you!
Stelv

neobahamut01

Post by neobahamut01 » 05 Jan 2012 14:56

I think my ableton is not communicating with lemur deamon correctly because when I drag MU to the audio defice. In the host area it reads no lemur found.

vst

Post by vst » 05 Jan 2012 19:33

neobahamut01 wrote:Would it be possible to receive video instructions on how to set up mu or other Ableton templates or maybe pictures showing prefrences. My mu host in ableton audio Clip is not recognizing ipad while Lemur Deamon is.
http://www.live-laptops.com/Blog/midi-c ... the-lemur/

Voodooclown

Post by Voodooclown » 06 Jan 2012 04:38

Hi

Did you ever resolve this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem, lemur disconnects after about a second.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stelvin

Post by Stelvin » 06 Jan 2012 20:18

Hey voodooclown.

See if you have any programs or firewalls that are denying Ableton Live any incoming connections. I was running Little Snitch, and it was cutting off the connection between my ipad and macbook after a split second of connectivity. Hope that helps. good luck!

Voodooclown

Post by Voodooclown » 06 Jan 2012 22:53

Hi Stelvin

Little Snitch was the culprit, as soon as I disabled it, the connection worked fine.

Thanks so much for the advice.

neobahamut01

Post by neobahamut01 » 09 Jan 2012 07:22

Alright up and running! Had to switch over to WIFi connection to get it to work. For Ad hoc do I have to configure differently in anyway? otherwise my lemur host wont read after a few seconds of connection.

Radwyn

Post by Radwyn » 18 Apr 2012 04:12

Having this problem... "Failed to load template". I have tried everything suggested on this thread. I drop the MU device onto my master track, IP appears for a second, then it says "failed to load template. Is Lemur editor running?" I did have LittleSnitch running before, but I disabled it and am still getting the same error. I also tried entering the OSC info manually and that didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks!