LiveOSC or APIMIdid

Post your Lemur Projects.
icarussound
LiveOSC or APIMIdid

Post by icarussound » 12 Dec 2011 19:11

I used APIMidi until Live went to 8.1 then had to switch to LiveOSC. I don't use and have no interest in Max for Live & I have several great templates for my live performances with Live clip launcher (using LiveOSC) and MIDI processing etc. I was really hoping for Lemur on my iPhone for intl gigs so I could slim down my rig for travel and its here, yay. But it seems I need MU for Live clip launching and that requires Max for Live.

Are there any other options but this? I am really not that interested in MU and have zero interest in buying M4L but for the ability to see updated clips and launch them.

Icarus

icarussound

Re: LiveOSC or APIMIdid

Post by icarussound » 13 Dec 2011 13:42

Never mind. I am using livecontrol + touchOSC now for this. I could find nothing in the Lemur resources that provides clip names and update info that does not require Max for Live. Is this true?

TouchOSC + Osculator is pretty elegant actually so I'll stay with that I suppose.

bassmagnetic

Re: LiveOSC or APIMIdid

Post by bassmagnetic » 15 Dec 2011 09:05

I made an impulsive purchase of Lemur and now disappointed to see that you need to buy Max for Live at 200 Euros to use the MU templates in Ableton Live.

Is this always going to be the case or is there anything in development that will allow more than just midi mapping in Live with the Lemur without shelling out for Max for Live?